*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595938-High-Ambitions
Rated: XGC · Book · Biographical · #1375962
My new blog
#595938 added July 12, 2008 at 6:13am
Restrictions: None
High Ambitions
Today is a good day I think for revealing my ambitions!

(first person who can tell me what my opening line is referencing gets 1000 gps for awesome awareness)

So anyway, everybody knows that my ambitions lie in the field of filmmaking, but once I've started making films (and presumably become successful at it), what then?

Well, the fame, wealth, and popularity that comes with being a successful director is certainly a factor, but mostly, I want prestige, awards, recognition for artistic contribution.

I would love to win a People's Choice Award, for obvious reasons. And yes, I want to win an Oscar, I don't care how political it is.

The Palme D'or is about the best thing indie filmmakers can win (and what most non-indies wish they could win).

BUT...the best thing that could happen to a film of mine...and my highest ambition...is to be selected for the National Film Registry.

For those unfamiliar with it, the National Film Registry is a registry of films selected by the US National Film Preservation Board for preservation in none other than the Library of Congress. Every year, the board selects up to twenty-five films for the registry on the basis of their being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

I can't think of any higher honor. To have something you created deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

Well, hell, to have something you created on the shelves in the effing Library of Congress!

Hell yeah.

Now I just need to make a movie.

*stares at the screen*

© Copyright 2008 Silver is 2 to the 5th Power (UN: movieman894 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silver is 2 to the 5th Power has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595938-High-Ambitions