*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591430-Essay-on-Tim-Russert
Rated: E · Book · Political · #1412384
Political essay
#591430 added June 16, 2008 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Essay on Tim Russert
Upon reflection, I keep thinking of the Auden Poem, Funeral Blues – “Stop all the clocks!” To paraphrase, He was my north, my south, my east, my west of news.

Tim Russert died of a heart attack. And the image of a man whose heart was so big it could not be contained in one human body keeps coming to mind.  A wise man once said that the definition of a heart is found, “Not in how much you love, but how much you are loved by others.” In that respect, Tim Russert’s heart knew no bounds.

He was a giant among journalists.  My first thoughts are still reverberating, “He is irreplaceable”. He was simply the consummate journalist that all professionals must strive to emulate.  His craft was the gold standard to reach in journalistic achievements.  From now on, the bar is set. “To be like Tim Russert” is a worthy goal for any professional.

His show increased the credibility of a candidate, and his personality and warmth will be sorely missed in the universe of television. He lived the American dream, he was the role model we look for in all fathers and sons, in our bosses and our friends.  He lived his faith, and was also a man of his time.  He was a modern American. We can cite Tim Russert when others belittle the greatness of America at home and abroad. 

His idealism and innate optimism are traits we love in our great Americans.  We will survive, but we’ve suffered a great loss. “Timmy, we hardly knew ye”, but thank God we were able to know you. “What a country”, as Mr. Russert would say. What a country to produce such a man as you.


© Copyright 2008 mljtpaa (UN: mljtpa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mljtpaa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591430-Essay-on-Tim-Russert