*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582939-The-Obama-Monologues
Rated: E · Book · Political · #1412384
Political essay
#582939 added May 2, 2008 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Obama Monologues
1.          The Obama monologue-This is the constant drain of watching Jeremiah Wright's image being looped continually through our TV monitors. And the constant drone of the news minions wondering aloud about the steady decline of Obama's poll numbers.
2.          The delight of Obama bashing: There's pleasure to be had in observing the sheer delight of the conservative pundits as they reflect upon the rise and inevitable fall of Barack Obama.  Oh, the joy of watching Pat Buchanan's eyes twinkle, and William Krystol , Newt Gingrich and Bill O'Reilly as they gleefully reflect on the virtues of Hillary Clinton and the sad "testicular state" of Barack Obama!
3.          Entering the wonderful world of swift-boating: You are now entering a 24 hour no-shame zone where the aforementioned pundits pick up where the Clintons leave off. In Pundit-Land, it's "Jabberwocky with the Clintons" all the time as they spin every twist and turn into a huge gain for Hillary and a loud "Shame on You!" to Barack.
4.          Life inside the hamster wheel: Why is the 24 hour news cycle shaping our news and our mind-sets to a frenetic pace where ideas are reduced to soundbites? Even shameless Chris Matthews pointed out that the White House "spin room" had been able to-thru Orwellian wordplay-change the message from "We are escalating violence in Iraq" to:"We are ‘surging' the troops". This is the hypnotic power of group-think that has controlled our nation for so many years.
I don't want to be told what to think about Jeremiah Wright and his relationship to Barack Obama.  I don't want the analysis of an already over-analyzed incident to be spun so out of control that we're having this creature-preacher massaged into our brain! One creepy pastor doth not an election make.....

I don't hear any evangelical Christians speaking out about this guy. Why?  Perhaps because they have their own creepy pastors to deal with.  If someone may be criticized because they opened their heart to Jesus, we would never have had the "born-again" President we are still ignoring as he winds down the clock on the "Bush Presidency".  Isn't it easier to talk about Barack Obama's crazy pastor guy then to focus on what has been done to the American people for the last eight years? Sure thing. 

© Copyright 2008 mljtpaa (UN: mljtpa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mljtpaa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582939-The-Obama-Monologues