*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557573-A-walk-through-the-hush
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#557573 added December 28, 2007 at 4:42pm
Restrictions: None
A walk through the hush
A walk through the hush

I took a walk through the hush,
expecting little to relieve the dark,
the white nothingness of everything
cloaked in quiet, muted tones,
all color, sound and smell now gone
before the storm of what I'll never know,
leaving only this certain sense of snow.

© 2007 Kåre Enga [164.441] 2007-12-27

ME:

More snow last night, but only about 3-4 inches of the fluffy. Nothing to get too excited about unless you are a kid and have a sled hill close. It also covers up the dirt. It's beautiful.

Still cannot focus! So I dabble here and there. Got the diningroom table clear; watched part of a movie, read poetry, wrote a bit.

IMAGES

Snow gouged out around the hard snirt islands; crystals drifted in a south-east line (shifting with the wind? the dunes of winter doomed by a strengthening sun); dog tracks well spaced where it jaunted, close where it paused (did it see the rabbit tracks I saw?), disappearing, perhaps it took to the road, reappearing as circles in the field of snow; the slick smush of an unsalted roadway, not well-plowed; grey slush in the creekbed; my wavering passage down the driveway (no, I'm never drunk); sunshine and spare patches of blue.

Kansas: 27º and a sunny chill.
1524

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557573-A-walk-through-the-hush