*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551953-This-is-snow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#551953 added November 27, 2007 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
This is snow?
Here we had storm warnings of snow up to 5 inches *Snow2**Snow1**Snow3**Snow3**Snow2*. So where's the snow? We just had a frosting *Snow1*, enough to cover yesterday's snirt and that's all. *Frown*

If Ima-gonna freeze my cojones in Montana, I want some snow!

I watched the Blizzard of '77 on the Weather Channel. I was in Nebraska that winter watching the dust blowing over the drifts (= snirt). My father, however, was stranded in downtown Buffalo. They showed the fire on Whitney Street and interviewed the Falzone's. I lived very close to there and have been on that street many times. I was there in Buffalo for '85 and '01 though. Kansas and Montana get occasional blizzards too, but nowhere near that much snow.


Written on a purple smoke-bush leaf:

So
         little
space
         upon
this
         frosted
leaf.
         Your
kind
         words
and
         smile
thaw
         me.

[164.395b]

ME:


Liberal-tolerant Missoula had a couple of hate crime incidents recently. I went to the rally of over 200 people at the Badlanders last night. The mayor, Mr. Engen (yeah, same last name ... spelled differently), showed up and gave a very personal response. There are no 'Hate Crime' laws in Montana to protect the LGBTIQ community. The legislators have been trying for many years, close, but to no avail. Perhaps the city should enact some laws ...

In any case it was heartening to see the community response and the numerous sponsors, including the police force. One of the victims spoke to those gathered. Painful to listen to her mention that the physical injuries will heal faster than the psychological ones. I thanked her afterwards and gave her a hug.

I'm in Taco del Sol on this cloudy day (anyone get the joke?). It's busy, just after noon. Nice wireless connection. It's right across from the hotel, but only open 11-8.

Time for me to get to the Carousel, the LGBT HQ, Kinko's. I'll accomplish something I'm sure.

Oh ... and must write a post-card or letter. *Smirk* I put in my journal that if I don't get to have a heart-to-heart talk with my friend, he could be facing a long eternity ... I figure I can talk non-stop for a millennium ... or two.

Montana: cold, cloudy.
1100

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551953-This-is-snow