*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551779-Ugg--Kevin
Rated: E · Book · Supernatural · #1345032
The prologue to my story.
#551779 added February 18, 2009 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
Ugg- Kevin
              'Uggg' I thought as I stepped off of the plane. I hate humidity. I didn't want to come here, to the disgusting state of Arkansas. I had all but attacked my parents when they said they were shipping me off. They said it was for my own good, that I needed structure. I knew they were right, but being stubborn me, I fought them until the moment I was boarded onto the plain. My heart still had a small ache for the painful face my mother made when my father jerked me away from my seat and shoved me down the ramp. But I knew that it was only going to get worse form there. I looked around, at the tiny group of people standing 'round the off ramp. A group of three young girls, none of them any older than 16, and each pretty hot in their own way. The one in the front with a slim build and standing about 5' 9", with blond hair and green eyes, looking rather self conscious but also with great anticipation. The two behind her, both brunettes, with the same build, but with very different attitudes, keep looking at one another and giggling behind her back. I smiled at them. While on any other day I would love to approach this small group and strike up a little chat, I knew there was no option of that, I needed to find my new family. So I let my eyes wander once again. The only remaining groups were two couples, a younger couple, obviously with child and very excited, and an older pair, standing very stiff and very bitter looking.
         On second glance it was plain to see. They weren’t just stiff and mean. They were ominous and ancient. The man was rather tall and slim, with hair that had grayed long ago and deep creases in his face which held his piercing blue eyes.  The woman was shorter, and plumper, but her face showed quite obviously that she was the meaner of the two. I was very busy assessing the older woman in her hideous flower print moo-moo when I felt an abnormally heavy hand on my shoulder.
         “Are you Kevin Lee?” The loud authoritative voice inquired from at my side.
         “Yeah.” I responded, shrugging my shoulder trying to dislodge the hand which felt much larger than it actually was. It gripped tighter.  He glared down at me as if I had cursed the lord’s name.
         “Come with me.” His hand, which was still lodged between my neck and shoulder joint fell, but he did not lose his presence. He seemed to herd me towards the woman as we began to walk. Although he was not physically touching me in any way I felt as if I was on a tight leash, somehow unable to try to move in any other direction. When I was standing in front of the woman she began to evaluate my disposition. And it was easy to tell she thought I was disgusting. I kind of enjoyed her reaction to my appearance, it made me want to chuckle at her. But I didn’t. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally nodded, turned around and began walking away without a word. The old man went into his herding mode again and away we went, towards what I assumed, and then concluded was the exit.
         When we finally made it to the car I went to get into the back seat, but the old mans hand was upon me quickly and I was on the pavement in a flash. Out of reaction to too many fights I jumped up quickly into an agrressive position but quickly changed that when his eyes met mine
         “Now I have already put up with several of your disrespectful actions already, but I will not tolerate this.” Despite the fact that he had just thrown me onto the ground he spoke very calmly. “You will walk around to the other side of this car, and hold open my wife’s door. This is the south boy, you better catch on quick.” I felt taking this old guy out, hell he didn’t even know me and he was trying to throw me around! But something told me that would be a very bad decision. So with a swift movement I walked around the car and opened the old woman’s door. When she had safely pulled herself in and nodded, I gently shut her door and attempted to open my own, which was locked. The old man stood at his door and spoke quietly, but sternly.
         “Young man this is a very new world for you. I understand that, and I will take it into consideration when teaching you the lessons that you will soon have engraved into your pathetic brain. But do not think this will be easy, I am old, and wise, and hard as a stone, so stand up straight and pay attention. Because there isn’t very much room to screw up here.”
© Copyright 2009 Goldy- <(-< (UN: goldenfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Goldy- <(-< has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551779-Ugg--Kevin