*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542063-Beth-Amsel-3-untitled-sketches
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#542063 added October 16, 2007 at 3:10pm
Restrictions: None
Beth Amsel. 3 untitled sketches.
Untiltled short sketches:

She weeps raking up willow leaves;
he stares at desert sands alone. [164.286a]

Strong winds and hail;
the scattered pink false-bloom of apple. [164.286b]

Twitter in the trees;
sparrows gossip about shoppers passing below. [164.286d]

Beth Amsel:

I went to hear Beth Amsel of Nederland, Colorado yesterday at Aimée's. I liked her voice and style (strong enough to sing one a cappella and the last without the mike), but loved her western-style song about her father who passed away in 1999 (same year as my father).

I'm working on a 'lament' based on what she said about her lost heritage, and her one line about the "sunflowers of Kansas, a monument to gold and green" inspired me to write another.

Being inspired by an artist is a wonderful magical moment.

http://www.bethamsel.com

PROMPTS from the news:

phytoremediation: using trees, grasses to clean up the environment. "A solar powered pollutant removal system". Awesome concept! Too bad it doesn't make up for paving the wetlands and clear cutting the forests, eh?

silver tsunami: the first 'baby boomer' has applied for social security. The edge of the wave has hit. *Smile*

BLOGVILLE:


If you come here and do not find a new entry, it may be because I'm working on one that I'm keeping private till it's finished. I lost a long entry yesterday so today I'm going to save and edit instead.

I know I visited folks yesterday; I'll try to visit more today.

Kansas: 57º on a clear blue-sky morning.
395

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542063-Beth-Amsel-3-untitled-sketches