*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520545-The-Eye-Thing
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#520545 added July 11, 2007 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
The Eye Thing
Finally! I can write even if for a short while.

I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to put any two words together since I haven’t written in such a long time. A month really, but it felt like a century. It was the eye thing. Worst is the doctor says the eyes will take a year to fully recover. He is reluctant to prescribe glasses, yet.

He must have been expecting me to stay put. Haha! Fat chance! I bought two over-the-counter reading glasses. They are a big improvement over the magnifier. I raised the font size to largest and increased the dpi, which I suspect did a number on the mouse, but I can write; although the eyes need to take a rest every few minutes.

I did try to write during the whole ordeal with pencil on paper without seeing well. Some of the writing surfaced with lines all jumbled up. Later, they got a bit better, but by then, I felt disgusted and gave up.

Aside from the writing dilemma, other funny things happened. Since I kept breaking dishes and glasses in the kitchen, hubby suddenly got the urge for us to eat out. If I knew this was the trick, I would have thought of breaking things earlier. *Laugh* I have been feeling like a princess, now, although a useless, clumsy one; for on top of getting driven around, people suddenly have put themselves at my beck and call. Not bad! I don’t work anymore, or answer the phone, or take messages since, starting with me, no one can read what I write.

During the last month, I listened to books-on-tape, which means quite a few book reviews are glimmering on the horizon. Since I can see the distance much better, I can watch TV. TV viewing was never a favorite thing for me, but some of the extended cable channels are interesting and thank God for the DVD’s and music CD’s.

I might not have liked it at all, but this has been an experience which may have produced some material for writing. Well, each cloud has a silver lining, and I am glad to be easing myself into writing again. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520545-The-Eye-Thing