*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/514928-When-is-big-too-big
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#514928 added June 13, 2007 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
When is big too big?
Last night I met a friend to have a birthday drink with her. For the first hour it was just the two of us then slowly but surely a small group formed. She was turning 29, needless to say I was the oldest person in the group! *Smile*

Her friends were all nice and fun to talk to, not to mention there were some really cute guys. Ironic enough the cute guys went for the young, thin girls. Dang men!! There was one guy I ended up talking to the most who was really nice and very funny, but was also pushing 280 to 300 pounds. I'm not saying I expect my potential man to be built without an ounce of fat on him, Lord knows I have my fair share, but I'm not certain I could date someone with that much extra cushion.

As I was leaving my friend pulled me aside to let me know he was interested in me and wanted to know if I would date a fat guy (his words not mine). I told her I'd have to think about it. At that time she also mentioned that he still lives at home with his parents. Okay, I'm not sure I can deal with that either. I understand there are certain circumstances that will keep or bring someone back to live with their parents, but this guy is a store manager for a well known store and had no issues buying rounds of drinks. My guess is he is not motivated to move out on his own. Maybe I have a double standard with this topic. I've never had a second thought about my female friends that stayed home well into their 30's; however, for a guy, I think that is too old.

Geesh, could these be the reasons I am still single?! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/514928-When-is-big-too-big