*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509479-Images-of-May-poem-Happy-birthday-to-my-friend-Mark
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#509479 added May 18, 2007 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
Images of May (poem). Happy birthday to my friend Mark
** Image ID #1150223 Unavailable **

Images of May

Lacy frill of locust
fragrance from a lilac tree
buds on smokebush linger
oblivious to bird or bee
when startled by a stranger
under the linden: you and me.

© Kåre Enga [164.78c] 07-05-18

From images gleaned earlier this week.

My life

I am definitely not in a mood to blog much today unless I rant. So I won't *Pthb*.

Today is my friend's birthday. Mark Neuner is one of those people you meet as a teen, get to know and never forget. Interested in a/v in high school he did photography for the yearbook and raced cars. He also married his sweetheart in spite of health issues. He is still the kind and generous person he was waaaaay back when. Happy 54th, Mark. *Smile*

The Sabres will play the Senators tomorrow in Buffalo. If they win I can call friends on Monday; if not? Better to wait. At least the Senators showed some class after a Sabre fan got assaulted in Ottawa Wednesday night after the game that Buffalo won 3-2. They have offered free tickets to make amends to Renee Luck who ended up with a cut and swollen face. The National Hockey League seems to be tolerating less violence on and off the ice than in the past. This is a good thing.

I've finished reading the Victorian mystery, Death at Glamis Castle, so I took out The body in the Fjord by Katherine Hall Page and Indigo Dying by Susan Albert Wittig.

So I ate mushrooms with mashed potatoes ... well, I didn't want to aggravate my teeth today, not after yesterday, so I kept to softer foods like the yoghurt I had for breakfast.

No news really. Just another boring day, just like every other day. 70s, clear as a bell and very pleasant.

IMAGES

Was I supposed to notice something? Hmmm. Smell of popcorn glued to yellow cellophane? Fresh mown grass and a flock of black birds? Blue cloudless sky? The sense of too-tired-to-walk-I'll-take-the-bus? How about the yellow hypericum? More are in bloom today. Oh ... and Angelica's radiant face. *Delight*

Said hello to K.L. Carpenter , Zoe Dawn and have been sending emails to bloggers that have gone missing ... Oh where, oh where have ye gone?
19,849 views 05-18; 151 more to go!

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509479-Images-of-May-poem-Happy-birthday-to-my-friend-Mark