*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508190-Flippin-off-A-day-at-the-races
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#508190 added May 14, 2007 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
Flippin off. A day at the races.
** Image ID #1150223 Unavailable **

Flippin off

the middle finger's so cliché
I scoff in public
at your latitude, ingratitude
your lame display
and pray
that someday soon
your attitude
will brighten up before
someone decides
your burden is too great
and lightens you
your load
of inner strife
and shoots off

maybe

your middle finger

         or ends your life.

© Kåre Enga [164.70] 07-05-08
         
My life

I'm in a good mood. The above poem does not describe today!

Too little sleep because of the race and then I took a nap from 5 to 8 at the hottest part of the day and woke up fuzzy headed, so ... them's the breaks.

More folks are reading my blog! Not leaving comments, but reading none-the-less! 134 unique WDC members have viewed my blog in the last month. I think that's the highest it has ever been. Love comments though **sigh**; even a hi, hello, counts for something.

And yes, I did finally get ahold of my mother and speak with her. Spring has slowly reached the shores of Lake Erie; tulips blooming; trees beginning to green. She has a geranium now. The little girl who lives upstairs left a mother's day note for her! At 85, this means worlds for my mother. The young couples keep an eye out on the old lady *Smirk*. My sister took her out to Perkins where she had potato pancakes (that's what I've always ordered there ...)

Today was hot and sunny. High at least 88.

IMAGES

Criterion bike race:

People waddling across the street as bikes are turning the corner! Whistles indicating when it is safe to cross. Scrapes, blood, white tape. Cyclers getting a massage (just a tinge of jealousy). The breakaway moving like a snake; the peleton a long fat cigar; the lonely rider left behind or trying to break ahead. Wheels churning. the p.a. system blaring. Winners and losers pumping fists at the end of the hour long race. The roar of the crowd. The dogs. The little children. Cyclers and their families from everywhere. States?: ND, IN, PA, VT, NH, CT, NJ, VA, FL, MN, IL, TX, CO, CA, OR, WA, WY come to mind immediately, most were represented.

Said hello to Mrs. Whatsit ; celestial who is a grandma again as Ian was born May 7th; newbies TEALA and swanreader; said hello to packs and his Plog; Dennis Cardiff ; ⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites ; a Sunflower in Texas ; brandyfee; Big Mike 2humble2bragbut... who has gotten wireless and is baaaack, trying to catch up.

For some reason lots of folks were busy on what in the U.S. is Mother's day. *Shock*
19,553 views 05-13; 447 more to go!

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508190-Flippin-off-A-day-at-the-races