*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507898-Trauma-the-poem-Lots-of-blog-news
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#507898 added May 13, 2007 at 3:43am
Restrictions: None
Trauma (the poem) Lots of blog news
** Image ID #1150221 Unavailable **

Trauma

The Vortex truly sucks,
a place where all the 'what-could-be's'
become the angst of 'all-that-never-was'.
For no one wakes once in its clutch
and no one sleeps
as whirlpools weep away the night,
the full-moon flees from fright
and stars wink out from fear
that they too
will fall into this hole.
Beware the Vortex. Stay away.
Be wary when white nights
consume grey days.

© Kåre Enga [164.68] 07-05-09
         
My life

Saw Carol and mentioned how I might want to change the pronoun in the poem "Lipstick I wrote for her to first voice "I" from third voice "she". I'm not sure poetically which is better.

Saw my friends Hub and Robin. Spoke to Gary Strong about the drama they had this week when Elton ran off with the cash register. Cary is pressing charges even though there was only $9.03 in the till. Elton has been a real pain; petty thieves with other problems usually are. This wasn't the first time. The police thanked my friends because he had an outstanding warrant. The police here don't bother picking up on warrants unless someone is pushing them ... then watch out. I saw someone get arrested for a warrant for his brother; it took days for him to get out.

Today is warm and sunny. High 80s and low humidity. Perfect. Not perfect for me I guess! I lay down at 5 p.m. and snoozed for three hours. Not good when the temp is 87. I'm just totally not 'with it'. Time to get out-and-about before the drunks take over downtown. At least they'll have to clear out by 2 a.m. as the streets are being readied for the college bicycle championships in the morning.

IMAGES

9th and Mass at night:

Lots of passerbys; calm air; music from passing trucks; headlights; neon lights for Minnetonka Moccasins; a lit display in Third Planet's window; the changing flash of signal lights; the hooting train entering the city; the screech of nighthawks; faint moving star (some aircraft's light); the dry air void of smell or taste; rings and purses 20% off; bikers, bicycles; shoes.

I sat and watched shoes. There were tongs and shoes that bike racers wear. Lots of sneakers. Mostly sandals though. Saw only one pair of high heels and no boots or spurs or anything remotely farm or ranch country. No socks is the norm here. Especially when it is dry. Having grown up in a wet cold climate it always amazes me.

In response to zwisis regarding the search for a missing child:

The British media is used to treating the royal family like personal pets. When they extend this to others, it becomes evident how abusive they truly are. There is no privacy once the paparazzi have picked you as their personal victim.

Said hello to jitsufreek who is struggling with chemistry; Simply Adore ♥ ; a newbie ljkam (cause Nada said so!); Spooky staiNed who was worried about a lack of reviews, so I gave her some tips, but you'll have to go to her blog entry "reviews have vanished. to read them. She could also use a hug from mothers with small children; sweett in Virginia (a transplanted Texan); Serenity who's happy about how her new book "Wolf's Den" is doing; timetoshine a young violinist; silversara just got back to Boston from her trip to NYC; K. I. Smet who has walked from California to Colorado and wayfarerjon in Cornwall who recently buried his mother (93) and has a beautiful photo of the sea.

A Happy Blog Birthday *Balloon1* to Wendopolis on the 13th, tomorrow. Does anyone know how to help a 5 year who is afraid of the water? She could use some help with that.
19,455 views 05-12; 545 more to go!

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507898-Trauma-the-poem-Lots-of-blog-news