*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507762-Face-of-Venus-Write-about-starstruck-lovers-George--Osama
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#507762 added May 11, 2007 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Face of Venus. Write about starstruck lovers, George & Osama
** Image ID #1150222 Unavailable **

Face of Venus

You are the face of Venus,
erasing continents of yester-fears,
heat smoothing what cannot be burnt,
subliming ice to steam to hiss
at life that lurks in colder realms.
Cool calm will never grace your surface tension
No place for qualms to rest where lava embers.
Your spit wipes trace of memories and tears
No wrinkles lace your face, O Venus,
vesuvian goddess, shrouded sphere.

© Kåre Enga 07-05-11
         
My life
Ran into a puppet and asked him about the red on his face. He said he'd eaten someone. Hmmm. I told him it looked like a mix of pizza and Robert Dole.

(For those of you not from Kansas, Robert Dole was senator for many years and a big benefactor at this university. The puppeteer didn't say much at all ...)

My waking/sleeping cycle is all messed up. Listened to the young drunks yell and screech past 2 a.m. Slept till afternoon. Got up to 87 with sunshine today.

There is a mini-carousal close to here and there usually is a guitar player by the alley. I'd like to name the alleyway; Merry-go-Alley! It's just a cut though but I believe in names. Nothing like "Hey, you" or being dismissed by being referred to as a label instead of a breathing human being. Even alleyways deserve better.

This state was born in the crucible of the Civil War. No Carolina or Virginia streets that I know of ... good names for the major un-named alleys though. Of course I'd also love to name two alleys that cross "George" and "Osama" and plant a peace garden with the sign "Legalize Hemp, Not War". That'd sum up this town, politically speaking, of course.

I could write a poem about star-struck lovers, call it "George and Osama". Two peas in a pod ... they do deserve/define each other, as sworn foes often do. I put it as Prompt #32 in my writing forum "Plum petals, Roseberry thorns if anyone would like to post it there. **hint** *Laugh*

Added: I took a bath (no oil) and quickly penned this: "Prompt #32 Wed by oil"  

IMAGES

Skyscape: last trace of puce in the North-West, obscured by the outline of charcoal clouds; the last peek of grey blue sky; moths fluttering around lamplights; no moon, no stars; the SE dark as night; the campanile aglow.

In response to GeminiStar : There were times when I wanted the power to exile certain people to a cold cold moon circling around the dead planet of Hades. Other's could go straight to Hell. Well, then again, I still feel that way. But ... I'm here in Kansas far away from family and friends, but very close to my own problems ... they hitched an unwelcome ride with me.

Summer in Michigan sounds very nice. Better than Florida. I'm getting old, but cannot imagine myself totally surrounded by conversations about Depends.

I watch children all the time. Always say hello to cats, dogs and kids. But yes ... I know the feeling of being on the outside. A bit of jealousy too.

I fit into a crazy eclectic college town best. Do you? If so, there are lots of loony toony towns in Wisconsin (Madison), Michigan, Ohio (Yellow Springs), New York (like Ithaca) where you may feel more at home with others and yourself.

Said hello to Anne M R Chiles - *published!* in Denmark; Commeatus looking at the sky; Joanna Hills in SE UK with her aging dog Zak, where there will be road-races through Hythe this weekend; shanelle , siempre lios con la familia, pobrecita; jemstar74 who could tells us all about Toad Suck Daze in Arkansas.
19,392 views 05-11; 608 more to go!

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507762-Face-of-Venus-Write-about-starstruck-lovers-George--Osama