*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507335-Day-of-the-sun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#507335 added May 10, 2007 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
Day of the sun
** Image ID #1150224 Unavailable **

Day of the sun

crawl out of the cave
now greet the sun
the winter's over
spring has come

once more it dawns
in the far far north
and begs return
of what once was

never to be again

as seasons spiral
out of control
and leave like lovers
beyond the call

of life's horizon
and the prayers
of mourning doves
and daily cares

come out come out
and do not moan, for
the sun's the only love
where no love's known

Kåre Enga [164.71] 07-05

I used the prompt:

the sun is the only love,
where no love is known

from 'The Emperor Penguin' by my friend, Ray Paul.
         
My life

My back slowly gets better. It can be noisy here at night, but it is very peaceful in the morning. So I've been staying up late and getting up late.

Got a call from Susan that my appointment for Friday is canceled, Yay!

It was wet this morning, cloudy most of the day, 60s, 70s. It hit 81 (at least) at my mother's place. It is rarely warmer there (WNY) than here (KS).

Saw C and N out at the bar last night, surrounded by their gaggle of young protective ganders men. I finally re-edited and posted the poem I wrote for them in January:

"Lipstick now open for reviews! (only 222 gps, sorry)

I moved "Crow feathers elsewhere. It had 15 reviews and 70 views, but fared only a 4.3 by both men and women and less than half rated it 4.5 or 5.0, so ... it goes to the back burner ...

IMAGES

Leaving now to go out and get some! Later ... *Smile*

Later: Peonies: pink, pale pink, deep pink; the fragrance of the peony I picked and brought home.

Oh, one picture of T.S. Andrea:

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070509/480/02052aede18645768cf303797ada87c0&g=events...

So pretty, looks like a rose or ranunculus to me. How could she be so dangerous?

In response to Schezar re 4 years at WDC and personal growth:

My poetry has been shared and judged. Some poems will go on to better things, others ... well that's why I shared them here! *Smile*

I also learned to blog ... day by day ...

My writing priorities have changed. I do more editing now.

It is heart-warming to read that I've helped some folks with their writing, especially the concept that the process is as important as the product. After quantity (in other words ... just plain writing) comes editing and quality.

And of course ... folks have blessed me too! There are some very generous members at WDC.

Said hello to AnthonyLund from the U.K. and Black Willow from Israel.
19,282 views 05-09

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507335-Day-of-the-sun