*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507091-MMs-Images-at-the-Kansas-Rivers-edge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#507091 added May 8, 2007 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
M&M's. Images at the Kansas River's edge.
** Image ID #1148621 Unavailable **

M&M's

Are these the candies of my childhood?
Their color's off, their surface rough.
I don't remember blue, do you?
The little ems seem faded
and if green ones made me horny once
it wouldn't matter now.
Thank holy cows
the red ones still don't melt in hand.
I never liked the sight of blood.
It takes so long
to bring their sweetness to my mouth.
They're melting melting melting
in my mouth.

Kåre Enga [164.66] 2007-05-07
         
My life

I didn't do much. Got up early enough to visit a friend and have him over to talk about his meetings.

Walked over to the river. It is down from yesterday.

My back was bothering me so I didn't properly enjoy my first night apartment-sitting like I should have. The night quieted down nicely; the morning was very peaceful.

I'll be out tonight though. I'll have to renew to continue reading Elizabeth Bishop's poetry. This morning I read something she wrote about Brazil, the year that I was born.

I just got out some Gregorian Chants. Couldn't find Sarah Brightman in the last minute rush.

IMAGES

By the Kaw on May 7th:

Soft sheen of green on moistened wood; swallows nests attached to pilons; whirlpool of drifting limbs; submerged willows and cottonwood; the river's edge lapping towards the walk; birdsong over the rapid's roar; false placidity where the backwash covers the new mown grass; the stones, soft mud along the rr tracks; the river reasserting itself slough by slough.

In response to jpfarris9 re stray cats and orphaned opossums:

If I find a worm on the pavement I move it to the cool moist grass and dirt. What more can I say?

It is how we approach life and interact with it that makes a difference ... in us. The world lives by its own rules.

Said hello to Anyea
19,217 views 05-08

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507091-MMs-Images-at-the-Kansas-Rivers-edge