*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498500-Some-Thoughts-on-Poetry-and-National-Poetry-Month
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#498500 added March 30, 2007 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Some Thoughts on Poetry and National Poetry Month
April is national poetry month. All poets rise up and be heard. Send a poem to the editor of your local newspaper about your local news events. Go to a poetry reading. Increase your poetry output and set a personal best record for writing poetry. Write an essay on what poetry means to you. Write a poem about an April holiday. Proclaim national poetry month to everyone. People don’t read enough poetry and it is up to poets to make sure that the next generation is aware of the problem and learns a deeper appreciation of poetry.

National Poetry Month


Nothing is more important to the human race than poetry.
April is national poetry month.
The common expression of every race, religion, nation and culture is poetry.
It expresses our dream, history, hope, faith, etc.
Once written and read a poem becomes part of humanity’s collective memory.
Nations may rise and fall, but poetry is forever.
All poetry is a treasure to be shared and discussed.
Light enters a prism and exits as a poem.

Poets are the souls of the human race.
Open the door to poetry and you open a child’s door to faith.
Every one has the ability to write at least two lines of poetry.
The muse of a poet is a skin changer stalking the forest of the spirit.
Reality and illusion merge in a single line of poetry.
Yesterday and tomorrow merge in the poems of today.

Making a poem is like baking bread, if you forget the yeast of emotion it doesn’t rise.
One good or bad poem deserves another.
Now is the time for all poets to come to the aid of their craft.
The poet is the conscience of humanity.
How a poem is written depends on the poet writing it.

Baha’u’llah wrote divine poetry. All of the scriptures he revealed have the sensation of poetry.

Quote about Poetry


“Meditate on what the poet hath written: "Wonder not, if my Best-Beloved be closer to me than mine own self; wonder at this, that I, despite such nearness, should still be so far from Him."... Considering what God hath revealed, that "We are closer to man than his life-vein," the poet hath, in allusion to this verse, stated that, though the revelation of my Best-Beloved hath so permeated my being that He is closer to me than my life-vein, yet, notwithstanding my certitude of its reality and my recognition of my station, I am still so far removed from Him. By this he meaneth that his heart, which is the seat of the All-Merciful and the throne wherein abideth the splendor of His revelation, is forgetful of its Creator, hath strayed from His path, hath shut out itself from His glory, and is stained with the defilement of earthly desires.”
Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 184


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498500-Some-Thoughts-on-Poetry-and-National-Poetry-Month