*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491968-27-degrees-snowing-windy
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#491968 added March 3, 2007 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
27 degrees, snowing, windy
3:44 in the morning. I should be asleep. I am up writing after falling asleep on the couch around 8pm. Ken's sawing the arctic forests on the other couch. We do have a perfectly good, comfy bed, but neither of us is going to make it there this night, it seems.

I was trying (yeah, that worked) to stay awake for 10 pm so I could see the prompt for the 21 Days of Poetry thing I'm taking part in. When I woke up at 3am, bright eyed and bushy tailed, I made coffee and went to find the prompt. Applesause, a memory of my youth and certain words not to use. Flat out LOVE what I wrote!! Really, really happy with it....nice way to start the day.[edited] Lisa Dawn - sunny days said i should put the link to the poem in! So I am.
Fyn's 21 Days of Poetry  (13+)
A poem a day, for 21 days.....
#1225039 by fyn



Yesterday ended well too! I got my car back. I have wheels. I am no longer tied to home and hearth and can go where I want, when I want!! (probly won't go anywhere, but to know I can makes all the difference.)

Course, the 'check engine' light is still on, and it doesn't quite 'sound' right...but we'll see.

Going to have company today :) My erstwhile Avon lady is coming by. She and I became friends, she gave up Avon and now is so busy we never seem to get together. So today will be a catch-up, pot of coffee yack!

Before that, another new friend, (this time the candle lady) is coming by. We clicked when we were talking about writing and she mentioned an old, old book of poetry she has that is her all time favorite book. I, of course, went to my desk to show her MY special, old, dog-eared, frayed binding book of poetry-The Best Loved Poems of the American People- published in 1936. Yup..exact same book...too too wierd. But awfully cool. Better, we both really love some of the same poems. She went looking for one and didn't the book fall open to it? ANYway she's coming over to let me know what she thinks about some of my stuff she took with her a month ago to read. That will be another pot...

Funny how i refer to them as the avon lady and the candle lady...easier for Ken to keep track that way...Name and descriptive term.

New secret pals....whooohoooo....psyched! LOVING this secret pal thing...making new friends here...gotta love it!

Someone read allllll of my story...After the War--the Journals....NOW THAT is awesome!!!! Commented after each chapter and found all the typos!! I will fix em all tomorrow...errr today...errrr later. But they read the whole thing!!!! And liked it!!!!! Sent em a BUNCH of gps....some one finally read all of it thus far....*grin*

From the other room I can hear total cacaphony! The tv is WAY too loud (I swear infomercials are set to be way louder) going on about how I can lose 6 inches off my waist in 6 day using their total body cardio workout system. They haven't explained how that can happen by it sitting in a corner, covered with dust...but hey, miracles happen. Course maybe I missed it. Ken's snoring seemed to grow louder too as if he is trying to drown it out! (hearing) No crunches, no getting on the floor, *gets up to go look at this wonder* ok Hip hop Abs...dance your way to being skinny. They are all in their 20's...they SHOULD be skinny. None of them look old enough to have a tummy...certain no grandmoms in the bunch! All with 'hot, happening music'....give me Neil Diamond! lol All for 4 payments of 19.95. Sure. Uh huh...Yup. Right. Oh and if I call in the next five minutes they send all sorts of extra stuff and free upgrades and take off a payment. Oh goody.
Whoops...I almost missed the extra free gifts!

Free gifts...ahem???? Free...gift....gifts are gifts, they aren't paid fo by the giftee. One of those oxymorons that drive me crazy! The word is oxyMORON after all...*giggles* Think I need some more coffee!

(10 minutes later) Fresh coffee...and something to eat...take that Hip Hop ABs...lol

4:17 wired....off to review I guess....


© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491968-27-degrees-snowing-windy