*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491929-First-thing-on-my-mind-tonight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1223887
Where was I? How did I get here? Where am I going?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#491929 added March 3, 2007 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
First thing on my mind tonight
Sunday, I'll be going to my grandmother's house.  She died last month, she was 93.  My mother asked me about some of her belongings, and the one thing I wanted most was something I knew no one else would want, her dresser.  It was painted green a long time ago (not the greatest color choice, to me) but even though the drawers wouldn't close anymore, and everyone tried to talk her into getting something new, she wouldn't part with it.  She told me her bedroom set were the first pieces my grandfather bought for their new home, and I loved my grandfather.  I guess this is really weighing on my mind right now.  I haven't really been able to talk to much about her death.  I've lost family members before, but this was so surreal.  The family gathered at the hospital and waited for the end to come.  I had to be strong for my mother.  I don't think I've begun  grieving yet. I feel frozen, just like my writing.  Maybe I'll try to write about her.

© Copyright 2007 RubyStar (UN: rubystar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RubyStar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491929-First-thing-on-my-mind-tonight