*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488217-A-Perfect-V-Day
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#488217 added February 15, 2007 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
A Perfect V-Day!
My friend Annette talked me into signing up for a Singles Mingle organized by a singles organization. I figured why not, it wasn't too expensive and the worst thing that would happen is I have a night out with a friend.

We arrived 5 minutes late assuming the majority of the people would be there by then. Ya know, the grand entrance thing! *Smile* It was funny, because we noticed the same thing and had the same reaction. There were about 6 men and including us, there were about 14 women. We looked at each other and decided to make our own singles mingle at another location! *Smile*

The city we were at has multiple stores, restaurants and bars all within walking distance, so that is what we did, we walked. We stopped at the restaurant next to the bar we were just at and sat at their bar for a drink. We laughed a lot, finished our drink and headed out to the next restaurant/bar. Still no luck, but we laughed some more while finishing our drink. The last restaurant we went to looked like potential as we walked in. There were two guys sitting to my left and two guys sitting to Annettes right and poor us were stuck sitting between them. Bummer!! *Bigsmile* Actually, the guys to my left ended up being a gay couple, just my luck! *Laugh* The guy directly next to Annette was cute, but I don't think he said 5 words to his friend the whole time we were there and his friend...now that is another story. I told Annette if she were interested in the guy next to her, I'd do what I had to in order to keep his friend entertained...verbally that is...but that was it...I wanted nothing to do with him. He was on his cell phone and the way he talks and his odd sense of humor...he would annoy me before the waiter ever brought our drinks back if we were out to dinner!! *Smile* However, there was the bartendar. I will say he isn't my typical "type", but that continues to change so maybe he is! *Smile* I'm not certain his height, but he may be a tad shorter than I prefer, but he has the best smile and his personality is awesome! Annette said she could tell he was interested in me by the way he kept looking at me and all the hints he was giving. Directly and indirectly I found out that he is single, lives with a guy roommate, enjoys being educated about women through his roommates girlfriend...he watches Sex and the City with her...he has another job, he has never been arrested, never done any major drugs, does not approve of the way tv has become more explicit for the younger audience, has been to Europe, took a dozen roses from his manager (she gets 3 every year for Valentine's Day) so he could give them to his female friends that didn't receive any flowers...um, I think there is more, but I can't remember. So as we are getting ready to pay the bill it is only Annette and I left sitting at the bar. He made a comment asking if the gay couple next to me left him their number. Annette said that was a hint he wanted me to leave my number. I NEVER do things like that...I am way too shy. She made me do it! Yep, I am sitting her telling you I actually bit the bullet and left my number for a guy! *Bigsmile* She paid her bill with a debit card so I used the bottom of her receipt. The funny thing is the register was right in front of us so his back was to us, but he was watching in the mirror. I was so nervous and wasn't sure what to write in the 1 inch spot I had to write. I thought about it this morning...it was totally lame what I wrote, "Annette's friend Michelle would like you to call" and gave my number. I had to put something similar to make sure he knew it wasn't Annette interested since her name was on the receipt, but geesh, that wasn't very fun or interesting!

Guess we'll see if he calls!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488217-A-Perfect-V-Day