*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475261-continuation-of-entry-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Philosophy · #1188214
An insane view on an insane world.....my thoughts exposed, enter at your own risk!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#475261 added December 15, 2006 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
continuation of entry #1
Here are my stats:

Career

I have a high-profile lucrative career, which I abhor.  It was never my aspiration to be a ‘suit’, to be a cog in the machine of Corporate America, it just sort of happened that way. My job is like the panty hose and high heels I have to wear—confining and uncomfortable.  Everyday I go in and have to don a ‘professional’ demeanor, engage in pointless small-talk and reign in any part of me that is individualistic in order to conform to the ‘social norm’.  Advancement is not based on merit; it’s based on puckering up to the right people.  It’s ruled by ego.  I know how to play the game, and I play it well.  I am respected and well-liked by those in positions of power, and I’ve been told I have my future made, that I can ride it all the way to the top. 

But that’s not what I want.  I refuse to be pacified into believing I’m successful….it means nothing to me if I’m achieving someone else’s dream.  Just because I’m good at it and have the way paved does not mean I should do it.  In fact, I know I should not.  It would be a great disservice to myself if I just popped my head back in the box and barreled forward without questioning if I’m happy and fulfilled. 

© Copyright 2006 Dagny Taggart (UN: lnzellis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dagny Taggart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475261-continuation-of-entry-1