*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471648-Fall-At-Last
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#471648 added November 27, 2006 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Fall At Last
6 Qawl 163 B.E. - November 27, 2006 at 8:16:57 PM Pacific Standard Time

*Leaf1*Fall has finally come to Las Vegas. I know this because today I found an oak leaf blowing across a parking lot. The leaf was orange, its edges turning brown. It’s been chilly not cold, but the temperature hasn’t gotten below freezing. However, it’s not the temperature that makes me think of fall. I don’t think it’s autumn until I see an orange oak leaf blowing across the ground or the neighbors tree changing colors.

The tree next door hasn’t turned orange yet, but it’s leaves are on the verge of changing colors. The leaf I found was in Henderson when I went to pick up a check. When I came out of the office the leaf was on the ground with several others. It was the only orange leaf among yellow oak leaves. *Leaf2*

I listened to the evening news the prediction for either Wednesday or Thursday is freezing. I’m not really looking forward to the cold temperatures. I just don’t like getting up in the morning after an extremely cold night. We have tile floors and they’re cold. Walking across them, even with sock on is a chilling experience. The one good thing about the freezing is that the neighbors oak tree will completely change after that.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471648-Fall-At-Last