*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458438-Are-Christians-curious-about-Ramadan
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#458438 added October 2, 2006 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
Are Christians curious about Ramadan?
Should Christians read the Qur'an? be curious about Ramadan? know about other religions? These are important questions! Poem: 'Waterlily' for the contest 'Spinning Nouns'. Wisdom from young VeryLiz. Sura Al-Fatiha.

8,616 views


█          L'aura del campo
█          SUMMER: 5 Mashiyyat (1 October)
█          Weather outside: cool and pleasant.
█          Weather inside: relieved but tired.

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'          
~    Federico García Lorca


*Flower2* Religious relations *Flower2*

During Ramadan, I encourage Christians and people of all faiths to learn more about Islam. Various Muslims will be observing the Fast and some have items in their ports.

See: Farhana and her blog "Invalid Item and her 'In & Out' "Invalid Item

Dreams - Anon, who are you? has many interesting entries. Her blog "Invalid Item. "Ramadan 2011 is a good intro to Ramadan.

Both Dreams and Farhana have been at WDC for awhile. aeroshika is new and young. She too speaks about Ramadan in her blog: "Invalid Item.

I'm sure that there are many Muslims on site who would appreciate a visit, especially if you are seeking understanding.

*Flower5**Reading**Flower2**Flower5**Reading* Too dry? Think rain *Cry*
*Reading**Flower2**Flower5**Reading**Flower2* Temperature where I am: 51º after midnight.
*Flower2**Flower5**Reading**Flower2**Flower5* Weather in Amherst, New York: 52º and wet.
*Flower5**Reading**Flower2**Flower5**Reading* Weather in Mesa, Arizona: 77º and dry.
*Reading**Flower2**Flower5**Reading**Flower2* Weather in Malmö, Sweden: 54º and damp.


*Flower5* IMAGES *Flower5*

Downtown at night:

Dry brown leaves and yellow daylilies; red bulbs proclaiming 66º; the glare of streetlamps; cars beeping to the hoops and hollers of the KU party bus; the game is over and downtown's more subdued than if they'd won; pale chrysanthemums in bud; Saturday night traffic and people about, sitting at tables outside the restaurant still open; a phrase sung from a Broadway musical, the strains of electrical guitars.

*Flower2* MY LIFE *Flower2*

Nothing much. Slept too much again. Went out after the game. Downtown is crazy on Saturday nights. I wasn't interested in coffee or drunks.

*Flower5* FOOTBALL *Flower5*

Nebraska 39, Kansas 32 in overtime. Another bunch of poor decisions. Kansas could be 5-0. But ... at 3-2 they are still entertaining. For years they brought up the rear of the Big 8, now Big 12. Argh, so close ...

At least da Bills beat up da Vikings. You betcha! *Smile*

*Flower2* POULTRY? YOU CALL THIS POULTRY? *Flower2*

Looks more like a flower to me! The prompt item I chose was waterlily. Duck chose the emotion: awe! I wrote one immediately and then forgot to post it. Then I wrote this today while soaking in the tub {waterlily, tub ... get it?}. Oh well.

Waterlily

Ice glistens
above the sparkles
of thousands of diamonds
casting a glow far below
where old roots still rot.

They keep my buds snug,
my leaves quiescent.

In the thaw mud stirs
and my heart bobs
to sunlight, to the return
of beetles and bugs;
the duckweed floats green
far above me.

I put forth a leaf
then another;
purple veined,
round, they recover
and spread on the taut surface tension.
Stalks strengthen
as I break to the top,
twenty some petals
kept tight in a hug.

Days lengthen
as I brave the cool nights.
By starlight I grasp what is bright.
I open my finery,
awake at the dawn.

Gold fingers now spread
with a rainbow of dew.

For I am the orb that sings on the waters
to bring down the sun, stars and moon
I, Chromatella,
bearer of light,
bloom forth the zenith of noon.

[163.377]

for this contest (item, waterlily; emotion, awe):

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#955733 by Not Available.


Chromatella:

http://members.cox.net/jclements16/chromatella.html
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/Plant.asp?code=U410
http://www.pondkoi.com/plant_pop/HLS-064.htm

*Flower5* BLOGVILLE *Flower5*

Read over 50 blogs the last couple days and left comments all over the place. Hard for me to do more than that. ALL my favorites and lethomson, novusfemina, missbiggs, aeroshika, Starr Phenix , essence of thought .

*Flower2* TREASURE OF THE DAY *Flower2*

Excerpts from "Invalid Entry by lethomson who shares this wisdom:

"One of the things that has been so great about dealing with this stuff for so long is the time I spend in the quiet. ... Most people do not get to experience that subtleness, that quietness, and so I try to think of what I have gained by seeing things from as low as low can get:

1. I think the most relatable story for non-depressive people is that of J K Rowing.

2. No one is excluded with me. At least, I try to understand where everyone is coming from, and no one is 'not good enough'.

3. I've learned how to balance a life full of nothing.

4. When you have been silenced for so long, you find you have strong reactions to a world full of chatter and happenings.

5. Nothing is too scary."

Very deep for a person so young. She is worth a visit. Go to her blog, read the entry and leave words of encouragement!

*Flower2* QUOTE OF THE DAY *Flower2*

الفاتحة

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ (1) الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (2) الرَّحْمـنِ الرَّحِيمِ (3) مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ (4) إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ (5) اهدِنَــــا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ (6) صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ (7)


An English translation:

The Opening

1:1 In the name of GOD, the Most Merciful, the Ever Merciful:
Bismillāhir rahmānir rahīm

1:2 Praise be to God, the Lord of the Universe.
Al hamdu lillāhi rabbil 'ālamīn

1:3 The Most Merciful, the Ever Merciful.
Ar rahmānir rahīm

1:4 Master of the Day of Judgment.
Māliki yawmid dīn

1:5 You alone we worship. You alone we ask for help.
Iyyāka na'budu wa iyyāka nasta'īn

1:6 Guide us on the right path;
Ihdinās sirātal mustaqīm

1:7 the path of those whom You have blessed, not of those who have deserved wrath, nor of the strayers.
Sirātal ladhīna an'amta 'alayhim ghayril maghdūbi 'alayhim walād dāālīn

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458438-Are-Christians-curious-about-Ramadan