*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436420-Title-my-poem--please-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#436420 added June 26, 2006 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
Title my poem ... please ...
4,560 views

*Snow1*           SUMMER: 3 Rahmat (26 June)          *Snow1*


Think cool *Cool*!

Weather where I am: 78º
Weather in Missoula, Montana, 81º
Weather in Geneva, Switzerland: 77º and watching the game.

Monday's Moody Madness

Mood: very good. *Bigsmile*
Energy level: okay *Balloon4* *Balloon4* *Balloon4*
Anxiety Alert Level: green (2)
Depression level: okay (2)
Trauma level: okay (2)

Did I accomplish anything yesterday/today? Yes.
Writing: yes; Blog: yes; Journal: yes, page 1013; Reading: finished Hugo; Money: not, but that's okay, wet, but it's okay; Home: yes; Car: some movement to get tire fixed; Career: no, but volunteering; Personal: gardening; Food: sort of; Clothing: got some washed.

I have no idea what to call this sketch! Any ideas? sketched yesterday, under the apple tree:

untitled

I sit under the apple tree
waiting for that Newtonian moment,
that thwack of inspiration,
a recollection of my childhood,
no sherriff of Nottingham
has ever found.

Like Robin Hood
I seek to be merry or married
to Mary or whatever her name
was, but, no, no apples
no inspiration, not even a headache
to complain of.

Those little green things,
up in the tree and down on the ground,
make wormy noises
roll all around
and sneer at me. [163.207]

I just had chocolate frosting on a graham cracker. Life can be sooooo good. *Smile* Now I have to deal with the smell of popcorn. Yikes!

I watered the garden this morning. Some plants were very thirsty. The peppers may not make it. Found sweet potatoes that I harvested last fall that need to be planted. Like now!

Took the bus to where I volunteer and garden. My friend Hub will be working here ... try to avoid your friends and they follow? *Rolleyes*

In any case, enjoying the utter lack of hysteria. Big meeting tomorrow night that could be tense. Need to be prepared if I choose to go. It'll be in the news, so I have mixed emotions. Want to be heard, but not quoted.

I did "nothing" yesterday. Because? Because I could! Stayed at 'home' until 9:06 p.m. and then went out for a stroll. Got a menu from the Chinese restaurant at the corner. A ten minute walk and I wasn't hassled one bit by nobody ... hmmmm ... this is the way life used to be ...

I've finished reading "The Right Madness on Skye" and "White Center" by the Montana poet Richard Hugo. Too bad he died young, because he is influencing my style. And I have so many questions I want to ask ...

IMAGES

In the garden:

Flight of a bunny; my sweet potato cuttings missing; wilting peppers; picking lettuce; squash coming up; planting okra; the stoic eggplant; squish of mud; covering potatoes; drinking coffee; a sprinkle of water; Dolly, Emily, Richard and his brother.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436420-Title-my-poem--please-