*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427086-Geez---another-week-slipped-by
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#427086 added May 20, 2006 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
Geez - another week slipped by
         IF nothing else, Fibromyalgia sure gives a person a look into how fast time passes. On the days when we really hurt, the time seems to drag by. And yet, before we know it, another week has gone by. Sheesh.
         Well, once Kenzie and I had a chance to talk after getting back from the airport last week, it looks like our suspicion was confirmed. The cabins they stayed in for the Colorado visit were about 9,000 feet above sea level. The Colorado Springs airport is about 4,000 feet above sea level. Kenzie said the whole time they were at the cabins she had no back pain, but that the back pain started up when they drove back to the airport for the return trip. So it is the height above sea level that for some unknown reason takes away her back pain. She's going to make a point of asking her doctor about that on her next visit. I want to know his thoughts on it myself.
         Now we're both back to normal - some form of pain every waking moment. Sheesh. I had a couple days this past week where my legs hurt so bad it hurt to even walk. Most days the pain is there in some form but doesn't change just because I'm walking. It's like a dull ache that doesn't go away. But on the really bad days, my legs will feel like all the muscles are tied up in tight knots, and the pain is accented with each step. And sometimes, with that, sitting down only helps a little; I don't get a noticeable amount of relief till I'm laying down. And even then the pain is in the background, but it's much more bearable.
         As for fatigue, I meant to enter this last night but suddenly found myself shutting down rapidly, like Kenzie often does.
         She had a strange episode yesterday. Came to bed about 1:30 AM, but when I awoke with my alarm at 5:50, she was already up. She said she'd slept a couple hours and woke up wide awake. Ouch. Couldn't go back to sleep so she got up - around 3:30 or 4:00. At least last night was normal for her. Obviously we'll both have to see what today and tonight bring. If I keep running out of energy at night, more of these updates might be weekend entries when I'm awake. We'll see. Take care, eveyone!

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427086-Geez---another-week-slipped-by