*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423449-Politics
Rated: · Book · Other · #1091533
my blog thingamajiggy
#423449 added May 4, 2006 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
Politics
Last night I got to thinking about politics and the leaders we elect to represent us.

I say someone needs to stand up and say "Cut the bull! People should be elected for what they are going to do in office not for how well they can persuade the public into believing every lie they come up with! And another thing; if you have to smear your opponents' names in the dirt to get elected, the people aren't hearing what you're saying; they don't want you. Go try a different career!"

What on earth happened to honesty? It seems all the political adds we see these days are merely dragging the opponent's name in the dirt. We are reduced to voting for the lesser evil, not for what we want; it's ridiculous! And do you want to know what the sad thing is? It's not ever going to change. 'Yes!' they'll say, 'what a brilliant idea!" they'll say. 'I bet the competition will be blown away by that!' But then the peanut gallery says, 'NO! That strategy will never win us an election!' 'Too true, too true' and the politicians who would have tried return to their prior policies as if nothing had happened.

What a wonderful world we live in.

© Copyright 2006 Xanthe Forest (UN: xanthe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Xanthe Forest has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423449-Politics