*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414257-Spoiling-dogs----and-company
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#414257 added March 21, 2006 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
Spoiling dogs . . . and company
Tomorrow at the earliest, my parents will be arriving on our front door step.

Yea! I am looking forward to seeing them, but it will be a busy couple of days. They want to see their new property that they bought up here and talk to the man they purchased both the land and modular home from, that weather permitting, should be up by the end of May. They also want to check out the area more, plus peruse furniture stores. They'll either leave Sunday or Monday, weather permitting.

It'll be nice having them up here in the summers, and, God willing, my sister and her husband will FINALLY come for a visit. Dave and I moved up here ten years ago this July, and they have yet to come up.

It's enough to frustrate a person.

I am glad my folks are not bringing their own dog, Maxine, with. Don't get me wrong, she's a cute little thing (miniature Schnauzer), but she has some bad habits that I don't want Rufus to pick up, begging being the biggest one.

But I do understand the temptation to spoil a dog. Last night during supper, more than once I gazed at the little pieces of fat I sliced away from my steak and thought, "Rufus would love those."

But I refrained, thinking what an annoyance dogs begging at my feet at each meal can be.

Dave at one point even said, "I really want to give Rufus some of my scraps."

I laughed and said, "I know. Me too."

Rufus, however, couldn't have cared less. She was enjoying her chew toy so much, she hardly gave Dave and I a second glance as we ate.

I did have some problems with her this morning, further gaining understanding in how easy spoiling a dog can be. While we're gone and at night, we put her in a small room downstairs with her crate, food, water, and toys.

This morning after playing with her for about two hours, I wanted her to follow me to her room.

She knew my intent. She stared at me with big, mournful eyes and refused to move from the corner of the living room.

My heart went out to the poor thing, but I still had put her in her room. I can't leave her in the house by herself to tear everything up.

Oh yeah, I had a hard time driving to work today.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414257-Spoiling-dogs----and-company