*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401140-Life-Oddity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#401140 added January 21, 2006 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
Life Oddity
Life has been interesting in the past couple of weeks. So many things have changed, while at the same time an equal amount has remained the same.

Most of my blog posts have been filled with a strong hate for my job. Although I would love to say that is all that encompasses my life - I would be lying.

Recently in the past couple of weeks I've began seeing a girl from work. Her name is April. She's a beautiful, bouncy girl who has become one of my closest friends and someone I care a great deal about.

She is temporarily living in with Shauna and I at the moment, and I couldn't be happier. It's been a lot of fun, if not a little crazy. We all three work together, party together, watch TV together. Kind of like a creepy family unit, only with more nudity and alcohol.

This past Thursday was a bit scary though. I had to take April in to the hospital because she had been suffering from lower abdomen pain and burning a high fever all through the night. We were at the hospital for nearly 8 hours before they told us that they discovered a golf ball sized cist on her right ovary. It was bleeding into her, which was causing the pain, but it wasn't large enough yet for it to be of any real concern they said. When it got to the size of an orange, that is when they might consider using surgical means of dealing with it.

To add injury to insult: she also has a bladder infection.

Ever since her return to the hospital I've been watching over her. She's finally feeling a bit more adventurous and today we are going to go shopping for a bit and possibly cash in at the theater to see Underworld: Evolution.

As for life outside of my parents grasp? Going great. Kind of strange, but going great. I miss them sometimes, and I enjoy stopping by for dinner 100x more now than I ever did before. I almost miss them not being there when I get home. Almost.

I was also privilaged to talk to susanL for the first time in over a month last night. It's so hard to believe that I have been gone this long. It doesn't seem real. Also, very much love to Susan for purchasing me this months membership.

I haven't mentioned her yet, and this is a travesty in and of itself, but whilst I was gone in the land of yonder there was a very busy reader within my portfolio and my blog. Her name is Lady D and a wonderful woman she be. You would be doing me a great injustice if you didn't take the time to check out her portfolio or her recently added blog.

As for those thinking, "But Shawn, why haven't you read my blog? Do you not love me? Did what we have mean nothing to you?" Don't fret, I'll be stopping in and catching up with everyone soon enough.

But, as the sun must set, so to must I leave! A wide open space of pop culture delights awaits me!

© Copyright 2006 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401140-Life-Oddity