*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392137-Cowardice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#392137 added December 12, 2005 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Cowardice
"I'm a coward."

Are you? Why do you say that? 'She' asked.

"I couldn't do it. I couldn't do my job without shaking. And I felt awful doing what I was doing. It wasn't right. I just wish I could have gotten it over with just for the money. Just for one stupid sale."

So you were nervous. Everyone was. But you're not telling the whole truth. What were you selling?

"A vacuum cleaner." The young woman covered up her face. "I'm so embarresed! I always said I'd never get into sales again."

Never say never, as you've heard before. What price were you selling the vacuum for?

"A highly overinflated price. I read the reviews online. The damn thing was only worth $800. The starting price was selling for twice that! It wasn't right! Consumers should have a flat rate. You shouldn't have to negotiate for anything in this day and age."

So your anxiety wasn't the only reason you didn't go back to your job.

"No." The young woman admitted reluctantly. "It was a racket. I would have felt awful if I had made a sale. It would have been like stealing. Especially since the only people who buy the damn things were middle-aged housewives."

So why do you think you were a coward? You didn't like the job. You had no faith in what you were selling because of price inflation. If you had stayed, you wouldn't have given a full effort in what you were doing.

"You have a point. I guess I'm not such a bad person, huh?"

Far from it.
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392137-Cowardice