*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391386-Not-too-long-after-that
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#391386 added December 8, 2005 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
Not too long after that.
I forgot what it was I wrote last and I am not going to go look. I am going off in a different direction tonight. At my job, things are getting just a little chaotic. The entire world seems to be heading in the direction of more chaos... but it could just be me. I don't want to go too far into it because we are in the midst of a hostile corporate take over, too. Things might be getting kind of different over the next 6 months. I might have to be on the look out for a new place to work (depending on the results of the take over attempt and the costs involved).

Both sides are promising to increase shareholder value. One of the quick ways anyone can increase that is to cut personnel costs. There is only so much increases that can go into the pricing or the other forms of cost cutting. The more the "fight" is going to cost either side, the more cutting that will later go on. The larger problem to me is there is no reward for something I do very well... serve loyally. I can work my fanny off for my current company over the next 6 months or so, and then when the other company succeeds in their attempt and the poison pill is activated... I might still lose my job while others "at the top" float away on "golden parachutes". Oh well, life will go on and I will be part of it.

But, more later, this is not a done deal and I am still working and getting paid. I intend to keep it that way. I like the company I am currently working for and the current culture. I guess we will see how this plays out.

© Copyright 2005 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391386-Not-too-long-after-that