*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386719-First-Snow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #1024386
The days of Michelle's life as a wife, mother, daughter, employee
#386719 added November 17, 2005 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
First Snow
What is it about the first snow that makes people forget how to drive? I got stuck in traffic on the interstate due to an accident which caused a major backup. We're talking about miles of cars and trucks. I was able to get off an exit early when I would have come to a complete stop but it was still slow going due to traffic so I was almost a half hour late. And it just went downhill from there. Now, a lull in the calls, looking out the window, the snow is much prettier from in the office than it was from in my car. I feel like I'm in a snow globe as I watch the big white flakes float to the ground. A lone leaf clings to the branches of a bare tree, defying gravity and mother nature as the wind gusts to push snow from the roof in bunches. Snow tufts, like cotton, stick to the crevices in branches as they wave in the light wind. All I can think is that this is God's work and what a beautiful picture he painted before me and remind me to put my life in his hands so the stresses wash off my shoulders and I can take a deep breath and go on, lighter in my step, warmth in my heart and a smile on my soul.
I am the lone leaf.

© Copyright 2005 Mwrites (UN: mwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mwrites has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386719-First-Snow