*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359012-boats-and-changes
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#359012 added July 10, 2005 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
boats and changes
Before I write about anything else, I want to make sure to clarify I don't write in my paper and ink journal everyday. It's a very sporadic thing. Had to say that just in case I gave the impression I faithfully keep up with it.

So far, I'm doing better with this one. Ten days and haven't missed one yet. I won't going to try to analyze the why's and wherefore's. My psychology major daughter gets riled at me when I play armchair psychologist, so I'm going to try to leave myself alone a little more, too.

Speaking of my daughter, she changed the oil in her car today. She decided it needed to be done, she didn't want to spend the extra money to have someone else do it right now, and she could do it. I couldn't watch. The mental image of one of my children beneath an auto makes me nervous. I wanted to tell her not to do it, we'd pay for an oil change, but I kept my mouth shut. Gotta say I'm pretty proud of her. I don't think I'll be trying it myself though.

Used to change flat tires pretty often, many years ago when we had a paper route. Tough on brakes and tires, that. We had a little blue Chevette at the time. The frame got bent when my husband fell asleep delivering Sunday a.m. papers (he did weekend mornings, I did weekday afternoons) and ran into a ditch. After that the thing just kept cutting tires and I had to learn to change them. Lucky it was a small car. I tried changing a flat on a mini-van and it was a whole 'nuther story.

Our afternoon at the lake with R & M was terrific. We rode on their pontoon boat, docked where there was a model home on display and had a look. Pretended each couple would buy a cabin (a weekend/summer home) there on the lake right next to each other. They have access to a tiny trailer right there on the banks where they've been spending most of their spare time this summer. I think I'd be plenty happy to have something like that. They certainly are, except they'd like a little more space for having friends over.

Anyway, we boated back to their trailer and M grilled steaks. We wanted to go back on the boat after dinner, but a thunderstorm rolled in. It's the beginning of hurricane season, and although we're pretty inland, we're close enough to the coast to feel some of the effects. So instead of another boat ride, we all went back to R & M's and watched Harry Potter.

R has been doing wood carvings of birds. He showed us some of them as well as a little bust of an indian. I think they're fantastic. Didn't want to stop looking at the bust.

Today's another day where going out anywhere means getting your tenny's soaked, and I hear it's going to be like this for a few days. My parsley needs some sunshine pretty soon.

I hear something besides the windchimes making noise on the front porch. Wonder what the wind is playing with?

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359012-boats-and-changes