*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358581-Lets-see
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#358581 added July 8, 2005 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
Let's see...
Where should I start? I suppose with the drive. I went to have lunch with a friend today, and on the way up there, I saw a blimp hovering over I-20. A ladder hung from the door, and a man in a harlequin suit did stunts.

Well, no, not really, but there were some crazy stunt drivers. I almost plowed into one of them as he steered his car through a narrow space between my front bumper and the back bumper of an eighteen-wheeler in the lane just right and slightly ahead of me. Had to slow down, quickly. This incident highlighted my on-the-way there trip.

Maybe I should start with the mall. We were ambling along, peeking in a shop here and there, when a bunch of geeks holding a robot convention paraded from Bad Breath & Bee Balm in a solid, barricading line armed with the remote controls for the robots of all sizes and shapes marching just ahead of them. As they came closer, we heard them chanting, "Byte me, I'm electronic" and "Nibble, nibble, fiche and chips. Shred hard copies to make dip." A pregnant lady nearby seemed to consider the suggestion. We stuck with our original lunch plans.

Okay, only the first part of the second sentence in that last paragraph could stand up if all the sentences were contestants on "To Tell the Truth".

So, I can truthfully tell you I bought a book for my daughter and my friend found me a collection of Robert Louis Stevenson poems for two bucks after we ate chicken and vegetables (y'all do know, macaroni & cheese is a vegetable down here, right?)

We sat a table away from a sumo wrestler reading the newspaper.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358581-Lets-see