*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350734-Am-I-snobby
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#350734 added May 31, 2005 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
Am I snobby?
Last week I mentioned to a friend that we should meet up after work one day to have a drink, since we've only communicated via email and at Curves. She thought it was a great idea and suggested either Friday or Saturday we could meet. I wasn't planning it to be that soon, but didn't mind since she was wanting to come hang at my house anyway.

So Friday Mark and I both got off work early and straightened up the house a bit. My friend Karrie and her husband were going to be stopping over between & and 8pm and then our (Mark and I) friend Sue and possibly her new man would be stopping over a little later. Mark was of course excited he could use his fire pit once again. He's a dork sometimes! *Smile*

Mark and I had stocked on beer since it was on sale and it was a holiday weekend. We had a total of 3 12 packs ice cold in the fridge figuring that would last us for the whole weekend. Here comes my question of snobbiness. Karrie and her husband arrive and walk through the door without any drinks. I thought that was a little odd, but figured they were thinking of staying for just a drink or two. 3 12 packs later, which was about 4 or 5 hours later, Mark and I mention we will need to head to the store. At that time they decided it was time for them to leave.

Maybe I expect too much from others, but whenever I go somewhere, especially if I don't know them well, I always bring my own drinks. I was very disturbed by this the whole weekend. Not to the point of anger, but just very puzzled. *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350734-Am-I-snobby