*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347472-Awesome-Lunch
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#347472 added May 16, 2005 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Awesome Lunch
Today I had my review at lunch. Must say I was a little nervous, which is not too out of the normal. This past year we were working on a plan we had taken over, which was very incomplete when we received it. Needless to say, there were more mistakes then I like and had no control over most of them.

So all through lunch I kept waiting for "the talk." Finally after our meals were complete and all plates were removed, Jack, the boss, started talking. He asks if I am happy here? I replied yes, but wondered if he was asking because he was happy with me and wanted to check OR if he was asking in hopes I'd say no since I was about to be let go.

I worry too much!! He had only one small request for me, which was that I make him aware of things that are blowing up so if he gets a phone call on them he is already aware of what is going on. Fair enough request. Then he and Maureen both were telling me how happy they are with me and what great work I do. I chuckled and told them I thought my work this past year was terrible. They reassured me I was doing great with the sewage I had to deal with. Then gave me an envelope that contained my paycheck and a bonus check. The 10% I had hoped for was not in there...instead it was 17%. I LOVE small companies!!!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347472-Awesome-Lunch