*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346694-Unwanted-Help
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#346694 added May 12, 2005 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
Unwanted Help
I have a friend that I was helping through his recent seperation, which will be leading to divorce. Over the last year he contemplated if he should go through with it or just suffer through a life time of unhappiness.

I offered as much advise as I could, but mainly was there to listen. Although the two of us are as different as night and day, we seem to get along pretty well and respect each others thoughts.

I found out during the time he was talking with his wife about moving out that his mother paid off all his credit cards for him. I may have mentioned this in a previous entry. I still think that was very wrong of her to do. This is not jealousy talking, but I honestly believe the only way to learn is to fix your own mistakes.

He recently got an apartment and moved there with very little stuff. He said he didn't want to upset his soon to be ex more than he had to. I yelled at him for this, but it didn't change anything. Needless to say, he has very little and said some days it is hard to even find enough money for lunch.

When Mark got home yesterday...side note, Mark works with him...he told me about a recent purchase Bradd (the guy I've been talking about) made. He went to Art Van Furniture Store and bought 3 items roughly costing $,2000.00 AND ordered a 30" flat screen TV that was easily $1,000.00. Maybe it is because I have this dream to be debt free and feel if/when I get there I will be very frugal (sp) with my money; however, I was very upset when I heard this. I haven't talked to him about it, but my guess is he charged it all. That zero debt didn't even last a month.

I understand he may have needed a place to sit, but there are temporary solutions that do not cost as much. As for the TV, he already had one that was in his bedroom that could have been moved to the living room. These are the type of people that no matter how much you help them will always come back for more. Very exhausting!!!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346694-Unwanted-Help