*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/308837-October-3-Its-Thundering--Raining
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#308837 added October 3, 2004 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
October 3: It's Thundering & Raining
October 3rd, 2004

I am concerned about the campfires. Not for any particular reason, it is just a concern.

The poetry challenge WAS very difficult and required considerable research. I am delighted that I have until October 8 to post it. I want to take a break and then go back and read what I wrote. I did all three prompts due to the fact that I did not see anywhere in the rules that we were to just pick one of the three given. I guess I could have email or posted somewhere and asked, but I view myself as a writer. The Olympic Decathlon is a READING and WRITING challenge. The Milkman said early on that this is not supposed to be easy.

I am still finding that my weekend non-existent schedule is a bit of a problem. I am much more organized Monday through Friday. And will somebody explain to me why I decided I needed to rearrange my dinning room this month, not to mention this weekend?
If somebody else is not screwing up my well-laid plans, I find I am doing it to myself. This is definitely a no win situation.

My husband got called out to work today. That is a bummer. He works all week long and I look forward to our weekends.

I need to eat something. I have been on this computer almost all day working on the three Pantoum poems. I really want to win. I promised myself to put my very best effort into each and every writing event that the Decathlon offered. I don’t believe that I can win all of them, but I can dream.

My granddaughter spent the night last night, and today I had the opportunity to work with her on her knitting. The older she gets the more fun she is to be with. I am delighted that she is interested in knitting. My daughter never had the patience for it.

My oldest son just called and wanted to borrow more money. I have a check that he wrote me for the last money that he borrowed. He kept asking me to wait to cash it, well over ninety days passed, and now the check is no good. Now he wants to write me another check but does not want to include the money that he borrowed the last time. I don’t know why it bothers me to not loan him money when I already know he does not pay me back what he owes me. I know it is the right thing to do, but right don’t mean easy. The problem is I have to take a hard line with my kids because all four of them have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will take advantage of me. They all act like I owe them something.

I love my granddaughter more than I ever imagined that I could and the fact that she takes me as I am and does not try to take advantage of me is so refreshing. She asks for nothing. The time I get to spend with her is a joy.

It’s thundering outside and starting to rain - HARD. My husband is offshore, and I am home alone. Do I need to say that I am not a happy camper? Wish my granddaughter were here!

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/308837-October-3-Its-Thundering--Raining