*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292582-May-27th-entered-May-20th---The-Quest-continues
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#292582 added May 30, 2004 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
May 27th entered May 20th, - The Quest continues
Thursday, May 27th, entered May 30th, 2004

I continue on my quest for a camper.

Of course I realize very quickly that this is not the perfect time of year to be shopping for this piece of gear, as it is the height of the season. I am like one of those turtles that they say will not let go until there is lightening or thunder or something. I want another place to live that is not big enough for my kids. I want another place to live that if my kids find out where I am I can just hook up and drag house, home, and hearth down the road and find somewhere else to stay till the kids find me there too. I am on a mission.

Reason and logic be damned. Limited finances be damned. Ah, but the satellite Internet connection costs a bundle. Okay, I can write with pen and ink like I use to do. That truly sucks. What I need is more money.

If y’all have not shopped for a camper trailer, you just really should for the experience. As a matter of fact, I would advise you to shop with no intention of buying one, but only to familiarize yourself with what is going on in the industry.

Do your Internet search, and familiarize yourself with prices over the Internet, and then go out into the real world and shop. Camper sales people are insane, and the sticker prices could possibly cause you to have a heart attack if you are not careful. I now understand why all those campers and motor homes are parked in driveways and never move. The people that bought them are paying through the nose for them. They can camp out in their driveways across America, but they can’t afford to go anywhere when you pay $20,000 or $30,000 dollars for a recreational vehicle. It must be a form of insanity.

So, today I decided I needed to alter my plans. I am still going to get a camper, but I am going to have to wait for the height of the season to pass so prices will be more flexible. I am also not going to buy a new one either, forget new. A new camper is like a new car; it is an asset that losses thousands of dollars of value the moment you sign your name to the financing agreement. So therefore a new camper is out of the question.

Ideally I still need more money. I like the land yachts. I want a little Honda car that gets 48 miles to the gallon that I can tow behind my land yacht. I will need an Internet high-speed satellite connection and television connection. The land yachts come with a generator the campers do not. I do not want to be forced to find a campground to stay in.

The idea of being trailer trash appeals to me in an odd sort of way. I think that it is my belief that nobody expects anything from people labeled as trailer trash.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292582-May-27th-entered-May-20th---The-Quest-continues