*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292576-May-26th-entered-May-30th--Playing-catch-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#292576 added May 30, 2004 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
May 26th entered May 30th,- Playing catch up...
Wednesday May 26th entered on Sunday May 30th, 2004

Today I was sort of busy with non-routine type things. My husband’s truck went into the shop for a brake job yesterday and they did not finish as promised. I picked him up in the town South of Houma where he works Tuesday evening, and of course I brought him to work Wednesday morning EARLY. We left here about 7:00 am. He surprised me by stopping at Shoney’s for us to have breakfast together. My husband normally does not eat breakfast during the week. He says it slows him down. I don’t understand how anything can slow him down with that gallon of coffee he drinks every morning.

I did not feel like going home. Maybe some of you folks with teenagers will understand that last statement maybe you won’t, I don’t know. All I do know is that I really did not want to go back to the house. So I rode around all morning till eleven o’clock and went back to where my husband was working to make sure he had a way to go to lunch. He had his truck back so it really was not necessary for me to be there but we had lunch at Shoney’s again. I honestly think that we could live next door to Shoney’s and my husband would not need me any more. I do cook, and I cook rather well most of the time when I am in the mood, but I find that my family just wants three “hots and a cot”. I have gone on strike a week at a time, and nobody notices or cares. There is always McDonald’s, Shoney’s, or Burger King. Yuck! When I cook sometimes they quiz me about what is the occasion because they see it as being kind of fancy. I think food should be appealing, attractive, appetizing, or anything besides just a lump of meat on a plate.

I guess I am still in a slump of sorts. May has been an unbearable month. One more day and this Olympic Decathlon thing is over with, the month of May is over with, and hopefully things will be better in June. We will see.

I am playing catch up as I have been most of the month of May. Writing is not the challenge for a writer. Staying focused and not letting all the other stuff get to you is the challenge.

My husband really does not know how to take vacations. So while I was out riding around to avoid going to the house I thought about how to take an un-vacation.

I decided that we needed a camper. I had visions of parking it under huge shade trees beside a body of water somewhere, anywhere but here. So the hunt began.

I found a place beside a lake, with hook-ups and the rates are very reasonable. It is only five minutes from my husband’s employment. Well, as it turns out I needed to make reservations two years ago. Well not exactly, but almost. Seems I can park a camper there Monday through Friday, but the weekends are booked up for the next two months. Okay, a little disappointed but still doable.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292576-May-26th-entered-May-30th--Playing-catch-up