*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240240-Like-Children
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#240240 added May 5, 2003 at 2:01am
Restrictions: None
Like Children
May 5, 2003


         Wow, these entries are becoming more and more sporadic, aren't they? It's been a while, I know.
         I've mostly been busy with making muzik, getting muzik, and working on my blogger, which has become working on a framework. Eh, summer is coming, so school won't be a problem for too much longer.
         Oh how I long for summer. It's kinda scary though. I'll be a friggin' junior next year. I'm almost 17. And I still don't have a driver's license. LoL...
         Yes, that's the least of my worries. At least I have a car. I really need a job. Hopefully something better than the Palace. Read my earlier posts if you wanna know the meaning of that hopeful statement.
         Yeah, high school is going away. I'm not going to miss it. I may miss some of the teachers, and if my friends go off to college away from home, I'll definitely miss them. It's just the actual high school that I won't miss. I won't miss the deprecated teaching, the pointless subjects, or the droning of uninspiring teachers. Yeah, I've got a couple of them.
         I wanna grow up, but I don't. I think me, I want life...I think me, I want a house and a wife...I wanna shimmy shimmy shimmy til the break of dawn, yeah! True that, System of a Down, true that.
         What else? Another reason to look forward to summer is the East West concert on May 30! Ah yes, my favorite band. On a hunch, I checked their website and was amazed to see Wichita, KS on their tour list. I would've missed their third concert in town had I not checked. My bro even knew, and didn't tell me. Scumbag.
         This weekend was pretty fun. I went to a worship service hosted by a local Christian college band called Audience of One. They'd been at our church before, and we knew they'd be awesome. And their male vocalist is an awesome, inspiring speaker. I was really blessed.
         After that, me and a friend of mine went to my youth pastor's house to spend the night. He just moved there, and is living alone for the first time in his life. In fact, he had been living in the same house he'd grown up in along with his brother. Never moved. Of course, his parents were moved out. But now he's on his own, and he's got a really really nice house.
         So that was a lot of fun. Today was pretty much a regular Sunday, with the exception of youth group. Worship was just amazing...I couldn't sit still after that. Jason's message was one of the most exciting that he's given in a long time, all about the manifested presence of God, and what it really means to see Him face-to-face. Like Moses. And after that, I played on the losing team of a game of noodle hockey. It was hockey, except pool noodles for hockey sticks, and a small ball for a puck. My team lost badly. It was kind of uneven though, because I scored all but one point that our team made. We needed more Texan-Alaskans playing for us. :P lol
         Anyways, that's about enough of my babbling. Recommended listening: Nephesh by East West. One of their more hardcore songs. Awww yeah... Anyways, goodnight.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240240-Like-Children