*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203590-Let-the-sun-shine
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #551218
Jots of thoughts as they flit through the rummage of my mind.
#203590 added November 3, 2002 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
Let the sun shine...
After over two weeks of gray, gloom, and darkness, the sun broke through the overcast skies this afternoon. The feel of the warmth on my face as the beams slip through the window, the brightness of the light that reveals the blue of a clearing sky chase the depression that seemed to sit on me for the past few days. The sunshine makes all the difference in a dreary day and to a drooping soul.

I've always been a person of the light. I like waking late in the morning and reading, writing, working late into the night, but I need the sun to mark the day, to clear away the darkness of night with brightness. A day or two of rainy weather gives me an excuse to lie around and read, which is fine. Longer periods of drippy, dribbly, leaking outdoors and I begin to mold mentally and physically.

Now, rather than a dim, dull color, the day radiates with glowing color. The trees vibrate a bright green; the grasses harmonize with other shades; fall flowers blend their multi-tinged hues. The tapresty spreads before me through my window, causing my heart to smile in joy.

Life can be so very beautiful. Thank God for the rainbow at the end of every storm.

Viv
My Method for Rating  (E)
An idea of how I rate and what I expect for a rating of 5.0 stars.
#559025 by Vivian

 Sugar, spice, snails, puppy dog tails  (ASR)
Jots of thoughts as they flit through the rummage of my mind.
#551218 by Vivian

** Image ID #553842 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2002 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203590-Let-the-sun-shine