*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158908-10421093108610761072-105310771090
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#158908 added April 7, 2002 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Входа Нет
That means "Do Not Enter." I am so weird.

I was at Barnes & Noble last night, not really looking for anything in particular. I came home with a few books that are normal reading material (for me at least, meaning: a skeptic's view of belief in the paranormal, and a book about the Aztecs)... and I also came home with at least one of the vague things I've been meaning to get for a while: a book on learning Russian. Russian in Ten Minutes A Day. They don't . I was looking for Arabic (which really I did want to learn before Sept. 11 and what has followed), Spanish, and Japanese too, but the best I could find was expensive tapes and I was already a little over my limit from a trip to an arts and crafts store beforehand. My dad, one of my brothers, and I were sitting in the parking lot of Toys R Us, waiting for my mom and other brother to come out. My dad pulled the Russian book from the bag and started looking at it. He was trying to pronounce everything according to the book (this was after he was trying to pronounce the names of people in War & Peace, the book my mom bought) and laughing, he said, "This sounds like Klingon!". Gee, thanks for the help, lol. Eventually, I'm going to have to get tapes and stuff for Russian, if I decide that I really want to learn it, but for now I'm just doing it as a productive hobby. Spanish would be much easier (actually, come to think of it, I have Encarta Spanish for my computer which I haven't used in a while...) but I'm up for a challenge.

I borrowed my mom's digital camera yesterday, because I wanted to make a set-up for shooting pictures to use on my site. I really needed some kind of black fabric to use as a background for it, but I didn't have any (which is why we went to the arts and crafts store, which didn't have any either). So I started taking pictures of a lot of different things. I now have pictures taken looking up from the trunks of flowering trees, pictures of chickadees and goldfinches on the feeders, of rocks on a shoreline, of a river, of the rocks at the bottom of the clear part of the river, of a random bush growing on the shore of the river, and bunch of other things. Now I have to spend several hours downloading them all... okay, so I'm exagerrating for effect.

I had a dream last night where I actually had some sense of the duration of the dream -- about a week, maybe a little longer, travelling through this beautiful narrow canyon by canoe. I left my pack in a certain rest-stop (actually, a big cave in one of the walls, where we could dock and all) and was debating if I should go the eight-hour round-trip to go and get it, because it was already mid-day and we weren't supposed to canoe by night because the flashlights and lanterns weren't bright enough. Now that was a run-on sentence. Anyway, I think I woke up right then. I don't think I knew any of the people in that dream.

I have a Biology quiz tommorow. It shouldn't be too hard. Mostly just people who worked on the basis of theory of evolution and stuff like that. Nothing like photosynthesis ot nucleic acids, thank gawd.

I also have a Theology paper due next week. I have to read the next chapter in the book and write about it.

I have other things to do too... wish I could remember what those things were. I think I have to check my assignment book.

This is the only thing it seems I can transfer Cyrillic letters into... so:

А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ы Ь Э Ю Я

а б в г д е ж з и й к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ ъ ы ь э ю я

That's the alphabet, uppercase and lower, in order (I think). I'm really just putting them there so I can copy and paste them if I need or want them when Word is not working. lol, feel free to do the same. I just have to remember what means what (eg. В is pronounced like V, Р is pronounced like R, Н is pronounced like N, and Д is pronounced like D).

I should go. It's getting late in the afternoon and my homework beckons.

Oh, yeah, Pshaw, if you're reading this, happy birthday! (I'd write it in Russian, but I just started doing that book last night after midnight... lol)

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158908-10421093108610761072-105310771090