*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/136096-Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#136096 added December 1, 2001 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
The Wizard of Oz was on tonight. I love that movie. I saw the beginning and the end because it got interrupted by a phonecall, but I was happy to see it, just the same. I've always loved that movie. Even though it was made a little over 60 years ago, it seems like it could take place present day. I still find it hard to believe that the movie is that old. I love it though.

I was just outside on my porch with my little brother. We were using one of those "spy gear" toys that is a sensitive microphone. It was really silent out tonight. I could hear the dog running on the grass, and my brother making noises. That thing would be perfect for bird-walks or listening to frogs at night. Speaking of nighttime, the moon was really eerie when it first rose. From where I saw it, it came up behind a cloud bank. I couldn't see the moon, only a bright but slightly greenish glow behind the clouds. The clouds made a striped pattern of light.

I have really good song in my head. I don't know who sings it. I had The Battle Hymn of the Republic in my head the other night. I don't know how it got there. Better than the Marine's Hymn, I guess... lol...

"From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli..." Ack! Dammit! lol, why did I just do that to myself... I think I have the music to that one for ukelele. Speaking of which, I have to find out if my uncle could fix it. The bar that holds the strings snapped. (Don't you love my use of technical terms?)

I have to go. It's getting late. I have an algebra project to do tommorow, possibly. I have history to do and biology to study for though, so worst-comes-to-worst, I can put off the algebra project. I just won't get the 5 points extra credit, which I might need on this project... argh... It's really hard. We have to find 10 newspaper articles on certain subjects and connect them with something specific in algebra.... "Be Creative". How about I take the creative path of not doing it? No, she has no sense of humor. None at all. Good night.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/136096-Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow