*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/121579-Tuning-the-ol-ukelele
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#121579 added August 24, 2001 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Tuning the ol' ukelele...
I think I just drove a friend crazy with "When the Saints Go Marching In". I was on the phone with her and trying to perfect it on the dulcimer. Eventually she said, "Can you please play something else?!"

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star..." She then requested "Mary Had a Little Lamb". (Which I can't figure out how to play... )

The instrument has 2 sharps in that tuning. And only one in other tunings... It makes it a little difficult to play some songs.

lol... I would've done it on ukelele also, but I can only play 3 chords.

My youngest brother always says he doesn't feel good when he doesn't feel like doing something. Right now he is crying because he "doesn't feel good" enough to get up and go into the kitchen to look at a catalogue of school clothes. "That's it, we're getting bloodwork tommorow!!"

"Oh when the saints... Go marching in... Oh when the saints go marching in..."

Oh great, I think it's stuck in my head now...

"Oh Lord, I want to be in that number..."

Okay, so right now, my brother is not faking. It's probably his diet. He snacks on anything. He eats leftovers from dinner at 3 in the afternoon. I'll come home from school some days and he's sitting at the kitchen table eating an Easy-Mac. He eats all day long practically. I'm surprised he's not a beach-ball.

Had an interesting dream last night. It was like a series of vignettes. Really strange though, lol. Actually, it wasn't last night, it was this morning. I fell asleep at 9 this morning after being woken up. In one, there was a bus-like barge on this body of water that went from an ocean, to a river, to a muddy canal, and the barge was driven by an Aboriginal from Australia with that white clay on his face. He showed up as a regular bus driver later, in a part of a different dream in a bus that looked like an oversized pizza truck from a place nearby me...

Okay, it was just a weird dream lol.

I got my hair cut today. I needed it.

My fingers hurt from trying to learn chords for the ukelele. At least the strings aren't steel.

And because of the material that the strings are made out of, and because of how old they are, I have to keep re-tuning them because they get off really easily. At least they are easy to tune, unlike the dulcimer....

Gonna go play virtual checkers.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/121579-Tuning-the-ol-ukelele