*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116853-Call-me-a-feminist-but
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #167060
Thoughts of a 21 year old who is learning to deal with sexuality and losing her virginity
#116853 added July 19, 2001 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Call me a feminist but.......
strip clubs really piss me off. Sunday, my brother asked my boyfriend right in front of my face if he was still going to go to the "titty bar" with him Thursday night.

I am a feminist. Not to the point of being deemed a feminazi, but I definitely do have some viewpoints I stand by. I have personal issues with strip clubs. Why must they go and treat women like they're a piece of meat? Why oh why do men have the need to go out and pay a woman to dance in front of them???? She has absolutely no feelings for him at all, she just wants money. And usually they'll give a pretty good show for that money. But that is the only thing motivating her. Men probably think they're pretty hot stuff with this scantily clad woman dancing for them...I, frankly, think they're stupid.

"Oooh look she wants me!! Look at her giving me a lap dance, I'm one sexy stud," he says as he shoves another dollar into her underpants. LOSER!!

I was frothing at the face tonight to my father about this whole issue, and he says "It's no different than Chippendales dancers." You know what?? He's right. But you know what else????? You'll find me AT HOME, or with my boyfriend, the night those losers are in town. I'm happy with who I have. And you know what else?? I don't have to pay him to get naked.

Another thing that bothers me about these clubs....what are me and my sister in law supposed to think? The women at these local clubs are quite...how to say it nicely...homely. The fact that my boyfriend and my brother have the need to go out and pay these women when they could be with us makes us feel like shit. Are they implying that the strippers are more attractive than us?? Are they better???

I have news for my boyfriend. The next time he wants me to get naked, he better whip out some dollar bills.



© Copyright 2001 JLennonGrrl (UN: jlennongrrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JLennonGrrl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116853-Call-me-a-feminist-but