*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116093-Amazing-grace-how-sweet-the-thunk-that-broke-my-pinky-toe
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#116093 added July 13, 2001 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
Amazing grace, how sweet the thunk that broke my pinky toe!
 (This entry was edited by a_g_ on 07-13-01 @ 10:07 pm EDT)

Hmm... I know I already wrote an entry today, but I didn't even mention that today is Friday the 13th.

Ha! My brother never did take the computer.

Well, I still can't remember what I was going to write before, but I have the feeling it's something that I actually did write on there. I do that sometimes -- thinking I forget something when I haven't really. I don't know why that happens. I don't know a lot of things. It would be nice though, to know about more things. It would be nice to be able to read everything I want to. But you can't learn everything from books. Some things need to be learned from other people. Other things need to be figured out.

Farscape is on the Sci-Fi Channel right now. Not my favorite show but I'll watch it sometimes.

Geez, it's pathetic that I'm so bored that I'm writing something that's barely coherent. I really want to read a book or something, but it's too hot and humid (and if not hot and humid, just stuffy and humid) upstairs in my room and there's too many distractions downstairs. I could put up with the heat and humidity in my room, but I really don't think I have the concentration right now.

I have several things I set as goals to get done by the end of the summer. I doubt any of them will. I have to type several stories, write a bunch on others, type up quotations from various places, work on a bunch of things on my website...

"Oh, the places you'll go!"
"Oh, the things you can think!"

Where'd those come from? I love those two books. They're Dr. Seuss and written for little kids, but I like the creativity in them. I love how surreal the pictures and names of things are.

Why am I so tired? It's 9:30!!! I don't usually fall asleep for 2 1/2 hrs at least!

My foot was aching the other day. (Did I spell "aching" right? It doesn't look right.) I broke it about 6 or 7 months ago. It was only a hairline fracture in my pinky toe, so it wasn't that bad (and it kept me out of gym class!), but the rest of my foot hurt worse than the toe even though the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with it. The way I broke it is a little embarrassing. I was standing on a chair taking down a poster from my wall so I could put up this poster I have that says "Women of Science" and has a bunch of female scientists and little paragraphs about them. I jumped off the chair, left foot first. My ankle buckled and all my weight went onto my pinky toe and and my foot rolled down on that side. I doubt I could ever repeat that little display of skill and grace.

That incident caused my brothers to make a song to the tune of the Slinky jingle. "She falls off chairs and breaks the stairs and makes a thunk-edy sound, a thing, a thing, a stupid old thing, everyone knows it's a Meagan..."

Yes, Meagan is my name. Pronounced Megan, not Meegan.

And the stairs thing is from one time when I slipped down the stairs in my house and was trying to stop myself and actually kicked out one of the posts holding up the railing in the process. Good thing it popped right back in.

I have no one to chat to. There are only two people on and one I don't really associate with and the other one has an away message up. Hmmm... one other person on MSN messenger, but now that I have the option to, I don't really want to chat. I'm fickle tonight.

The Daily Show on Comedy Central is hilarious.

So what does everyone think about Beijing getting the Olympics? Their human rights record is terrible, but at least it's a little better than before. At least with so many foreigners coming and going it might be easier for those who want to escape to actually do that.

I'm rambling. Oh well, deal with it.

I'm always worried I'm going to lose these entries when they get really long. I don't have a good record with computers working right. They probably all have viruses that the scanners won't pick up. My laptop's virus-scanner isn't even working. Well it is, but the main screen of it keeps crashing. I have to save my files from it to CD and then reload Windows or something.

Brother bugging me again. Neither brother takes it when it's open, but always wants it when I'm on.

Yay!! Someone is on that I can talk to.

Whoever is watching TV just flipped from Farscape to something on the History Channel I guess. All I know without looking is that it went from a Sci Fi Channel commercial to something about Hitler's suicide.

I should stop writing before I hurt myself with too much useless information. That can be a very dangerous thing.

My brother just came up and shook the chair. He's lucky it didn't collapse. This chair's at least 50 years old. And it creaks and squeaks when you sit down on it.

Alright, now I shall go.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116093-Amazing-grace-how-sweet-the-thunk-that-broke-my-pinky-toe