*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116071-Never-let-little-brothers-win
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#116071 added July 13, 2001 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
Never let little brothers win.
 (This entry was edited by a_g_ on 07-13-01 @ 7:27 pm EDT)

::sighs:: Another week of Geometry over. Another week I have not yet finished reading even half of the books I want to read this summer. One less week I have to finish reading The Great Gatsby, Algebra Unplugged and The Scarlet Letter. I have to read those three for school, even though Honors English already had to read The Scarlet Letter last year. I have about five books out of the library and still have one or two to read -- how I could be so stupid as to get out that many books without reading the ones I've been waiting to at home is unknown to me.

I was really tired this morning. I was reading until 12:30 last night (hey, it's a good book!!) and that's not late -- if I didn't have to get up at 6:30 to get ready and go to school. I don't understand why I can stay up until 1 or 2 AM during the school year and not be that tired.

I've gotten two consecutive 82's on Geometry tests. I need to do better. I think they brought my average down quite a bit. I don't know yet. I could figure it out but I don't know what homework and quizes count as.

Ever see that commercial with the business people running towards Taco Bell? Where they are all singing... I really don't know the name of the song, but they used it in Westerns... I think that commercial's pretty funny... in an extremely weird way... "And I run and I walk 'cause I can't find a horse to ride there..." Okay, I'm scaring myself now.

For some odd reason I spent some time earlier doing quizes on Emode.com. I learned several interesting little ::cough:: "facts"...
I should be a Scorpio.
My aura is sapphire.
I was a hamster in a past life.
Good careers for me might be: astronomer, physicist, computer engineer, lab technician, or mad scientist.
My superpower is time travel.

And for those of you who are curious, it said I was a Siberian communist hamster who eventually made it big, moved to the US, and denounced communism.

If anyone reading this is really superstitious, could you answer a question for me? :
If you live across the street from a cemetary, do you have to hold your breath indefinitely?

I was just wondering that a little earlier.

My bro's bitching about not being able to use the computer because I've had the computer "all day". Just for the record, I haven't. And I get more things done in a week than he gets done in 3 months. All he does is play video/computer games (which is what he wants the computer for).

There was something I was going to say... Oh, I forget it. It'll come to me later, when I'm done writing this.

I took my neighbor's dog on a walk today. My neighbor is almost 92 and was really healthy until a year or two ago. She started getting Alzheimer's Disease. Or maybe she just stopped being able to hide it. It's a short-term memory thing. At least she seems to be getting a little better. Maybe the meds are working. Anyway, I've started taking her dog on a walk every few days because my neighbor forgets that she already fed the dog and puts out more food. Her dog is a minature poodle whose name is Madame Pompadore -- Pompi, for short -- and is getting a little overweight.

My brother just set a time limit. I have thirty minutes left at the computer. No, correction, fifteen. That was the quickest fifteen minutes I've ever experienced. I could've sworn it was only a matter of 5 seconds. In fact, it was. Don't you just love that?

Kind of an opprotune time for him to say that though, because I have nothing else to say -- that I know of. Maybe I'll go read some of those books now... Yeah, that's a really good idea...

But, then again, if I did that it would be letting him win. And that's not fair. I can't let him win. I just have to stop writing so when I am forceably taken from this chair I won't lose another journal entry. Au revoir! (I think that's how you spell it at least...)

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/116071-Never-let-little-brothers-win