*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/114414-Eeew-you-mean-he-might-see-me
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #167060
Thoughts of a 21 year old who is learning to deal with sexuality and losing her virginity
#114414 added June 29, 2001 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Eeew you mean he might see me....
naked?! Not good!

I was on a webpage today - Relationship101.com - and read a rather interesting article that someone had written. I think it was called "The Naked Truth" or something along that line. The author brought up an interesting point: Why are we so terrified to let our significant other see us naked?

Think about it for a moment. How many times have situations been heated between you and your partner - maybe you got a little action - and then as soon as everything was over you covered yourself as soon as possible? Oooh my GOODNESS the man/woman I just slept with may *shock* *horror* see my naked butt! Egads!

What the heck? I'm not going to lie, I have some major issues myself. I don't want him to see my butt...he just does not need to go there. End of story. I don't understand it either. It isn't like there aren't more embarrassing parts of my body that he could see, but the butt? Oh NO!

Am I the only person that gets like this? As the article said, men can be seen in public with enormous beer bellies that hang over their pants; but as soon as they're with their woman they try to suck it in so far it touches their spine. Women, now women, they can be seen wearing the most revealing, tiny clothes. I saw a shirt at Wal-Mart that was just scary. I mean I've seen wash rags bigger than these things.

Is it that we're afraid of rejection? I could see being a little timid when things first get heated...but for goodness sakes, if you've already had sex with them or gotten naked and they didn't run from the room screaming, what's the big deal?! They obviously really like you or they wouldn't be with you.

People are strange. I don't care if he sees me naked...just don't go near my butt.

© Copyright 2001 JLennonGrrl (UN: jlennongrrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JLennonGrrl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/114414-Eeew-you-mean-he-might-see-me