*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/113518-Love
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #167060
Thoughts of a 21 year old who is learning to deal with sexuality and losing her virginity
#113518 added June 23, 2001 at 2:27am
Restrictions: None
Love
 (This entry was edited by jlennongrrl on 06-23-01 @ 2:27 am EDT)

What is it with that word? Love. You hear it all through your life; from your parents, brothers, sisters, friends. But when your significant other says it...WATCH OUT!

The first time they say it (depending on if you're like me) your blood pressure rises sky high, you get sweaty palms, dizzy spells, and nausea And then, after you recover from your sudden health problems...the grinning begins.

He said he loved me yesterday and I thought I would go into cardiac arrest. The sad thing is...it was over the computer.

The first emotion that hit was denial. No, he didn't say that to me. But there it was, in the flickering of the screen, "I love you." Quick! Does anyone know CPR?! The second thing to hit was the insane grinning. My grin was so wide I looked like the old flip-top-head commercials. Then I told my best friend exactly what happened. She's in the process of planning her speech for our wedding.

Ok, so now he loves me. That's good right?? I've gone from being insanely happy to paranoid. This has all happened pretty quickly. Does he love me, or does he love my anatomy? Is "love" just a way to get me to do what he wants? "Love" has gone from being a very family oriented word to the greatest thing on earth; then it suddenly became a curse.

How does a person ever know if "love" is good?

© Copyright 2001 JLennonGrrl (UN: jlennongrrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JLennonGrrl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/113518-Love