*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/111265-I-hereby-claim-this-woman-in-the-name-of
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #167060
Thoughts of a 21 year old who is learning to deal with sexuality and losing her virginity
#111265 added June 5, 2001 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
"I hereby claim this woman in the name of......."
What is it with people?

For the past six years of my life, I've been unhappy. Unhappy because I had no one in my life to love, other than family and friends. I wanted a boyfriend.

All of my other friends were very lucky when it came to matters of their sex lives. They had absolutely no problem finding a significant other. Needless to say, I'm a big dork.

My friends thought it was pretty cool though. They always knew where I was gonna be on a particular night. It was always at home. If someone needed me, they could find me quick.

For a long time, I didn't care about it. I was happy being alone. I didn't need any man to make my life worth living. I had me, and that's all that mattered. But, I must say the loneliness hit sometime around senior prom. While my friends had their boyfriends to take with them...I took one of my gay male friends. Niiiiiice.

After that, it was always kind of disturbing to see them happy in love, doing all sorts of cool things with their men. They would always tell me "Dont worry, your Knight in shining armor will come soon." Wouldn't it be great if life was like the romance novels that these people obviously read?

Now the confusing thing happens. Not only did I find a boyfriend (Holy JESUS...it IS possible!), but my friends do a total 360 in their attitudes.

Take, for instance, tonight. My boyfriend, me, and one of my friends went out to the local pool hall. On the way to pick him up, my friend starts telling me how she doesn't want me to ditch her just because "my man" is coming. Ok, whatever, I wasn't intending on ditching her. Then, when we get to the pool hall, it starts happening.

He would come to me after every shot and give me a kiss on the cheek or a big bear hug. And I could see her foaming at the mouth. This went on for a little while then, my friend proceeds to inform him that she "found" me first and that I was "her ho". Um................ok.

After that, he kept doing things to annoy her. He did some of the most blatant displays of male territorialism I've ever seen. And then she would do something even worse. I could almost see my boyfriend - dressed as a Spanish Conquistador - driving a sign into my side and proudly announcing "I hereby claim this woman in the name of..." before getting tackled by my friend (who is also dressed like a Conquistador, and is carrying her own sign).

I don't understand it. I just don't. My friend is insanely jealous of what me and my boyfriend have. I don't understand why though. I try my hardest to keep her in the loop and to do stuff with her...but it doesn't matter. Whatever I do, if he's involved it isn't good enough for her. PLEASE people, there's enough of me to go around. I can have fun with her one night and have fun with him the next. I don't have to spend every second of every day with one or the other of them.

Hell, this is too much trouble, I think I just need a dog.

© Copyright 2001 JLennonGrrl (UN: jlennongrrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JLennonGrrl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/111265-I-hereby-claim-this-woman-in-the-name-of