*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
20
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078696-Dont-Fall
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1078696 added October 21, 2024 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Fall
What season is it?

Here in our part of Minnesota, we should be seeing the first onslaughts of winter or at least the freezing temperatures of late fall. But this year it's been warmer. I did winterize the campers already, and we have had two nights with hard frost, but other than that, it's been rather temperate and nice. Windy, but relatively nice with temperatures warm enough not to even need a sweatshirt during the day; like today being in the lower seventies.

The downside is that the bugs are terrible as the temperature climbs, and they try to find food and shelter before the snow and cold arrive. Also, it's been very windy most days, and since we are in a dry period, it's always dusty outside. We had a pleasant spring, a very wet summer, and now a very dry fall.

Today it's pretty calm out, sunny, and already seventy-five degrees out. So, since my beloved is off work today, we are taking the two dogs out to Maplewood State Park to enjoy the fall colors (many trees have already lost their leaves because of the wind, but we should still get to see a lot of colors).

It's also her birthday, so after we return, I'll fix her a nice dinner, topping it off with cake and ice cream, and then a relaxing evening, possibly even a fire if she wants to sit out.

This means I'll likely not be online much for the rest of the day, but I'll be back for a bit tomorrow.

The title? Oh year, "Don't Fall" simply because it should be fall but the weather isn't going there, at least not yet. So, we had summer, then fall, and now we are in a short, but pleasant, don't fall. Hopefully, it will last well into what should be winter, or even till spring -- I wouldn't mind at all.

© Copyright 2024 tj: Tenebrous Jekyll (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj: Tenebrous Jekyll has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078696-Dont-Fall